PDA

View Full Version : softcams

mugins
10th September, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hi I hope I'm in the right place to ask this question, I have only just joined Kaos can someone tell me what softcams are and do I need to keep downloading them if so how I can patch my tech 1500+ not that anything works after multivision was scraped. Hope someone can help,thanks:bawling:

Curly
10th September, 2008, 12:58 PM
Well, a cam is a conditonal access module. A cam (complete with card if necessary) will open channels with the associated method of encryption.

A softcam on the other hand is software based as opposed to hardware.
A softcam will open certain channels, for instance the current one for your stb will open nagra 2 encrypted channels.

If it is an AU softcam (auto updating) then you rarely need to change it.

Other patches (like tps) require the latest keys to be updated every couple of days.

Curly

mugins
10th September, 2008, 01:33 PM
Firstly thanks for reply sadly it leads to more questions I have'nt got a cam or card so does that mean there is no point in downloading these? secondly is the latest keys in the patch when multivision was working I just used to download a patch and install in my machine.
Mugins

.: JaCkPoT :.
10th September, 2008, 04:11 PM
A softcam is a file which contains the latest keys so you dont have to wait for The auto update. There is no such thing as a auto updating softcams. Only patches have au. You dont need a cam to use softcams so dont worry. I tend to use patches and barely ever do i use softcams. Hope this helps you. Regards Sadiq999uk

<--Sadiq999uk added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...-->

A softcam is a file which contains the latest keys so you dont have to wait for The auto update. There is no such thing as a auto updating softcams. Only patches have au. You dont need a cam to use softcams neither do you need a card so dont worry. I tend to use patches and barely ever do i use softcams. Hope this helps you. Regards Sadiq999uk

mugins
10th September, 2008, 06:58 PM
Hi
thanks yes it does but softcams are RAR files I don't seem to be able to open them micro says it can't so I think I will do, has you only use patches. thank you.

10th September, 2008, 11:06 PM
I have on idea on planet mars to what you are asking. Please re-post in a way which is more understandable then hopefully i can help.
All softcams are is a file which contains the latest keys they make this for those who cant wait for The auto update yesterdays

mugins
11th September, 2008, 08:22 AM
Hi
What I am saying is how do you open a softcam file so that I can download to my machine or does the loader do it for me, it's a rar file and when I try to open it I get a message saying windows cannot open this file.

11th September, 2008, 04:34 PM
Left click it and press extract here. Then choose it with the loader and there you have it

mugins
12th September, 2008, 11:38 AM
Hi Sadiq999uk
Thanks for all your help but nothing seems to work for me left click on the softcam file o brings a window up but no option to extract perhaps it's vista that is the problem. The patch I installed also does not work so I guess it's back to cooking programmes and come dancing thanks again Muggins

12th September, 2008, 03:48 PM
Hi Sadiq999uk
Thanks for all your help but nothing seems to work for me left click on the softcam file o brings a window up but no option to extract perhaps it's vista that is the problem. The patch I installed also does not work so I guess it's back to cooking programmes and come dancing thanks again Muggins

Very sorry. I meant right click. Make sure you use the latest patch.

tonyag
12th September, 2008, 09:17 PM
i'm sure someone already has asked this question,where can i find a softcam, how can i install it ?
Kaos is the best, i'm learning a lot.

thanks guys,

cheers

12th September, 2008, 10:04 PM
We cant tell you where they are from here on this forum as it is against the rules but if you make a post somebody should upload it for you. Unfortunately i am no longer in a position which allows me to upload these as i dont have access to the source. If you read a couple of posts backwards i have explained in detail how to use these softcams. Regards Sadiq

andrew1982
11th May, 2012, 03:04 PM
hi i new to this aswell but i finding it hard to patch my box but its a old box a techomate tm1000

Manic01
11th May, 2012, 03:47 PM
4 year old thread.

dick b
11th May, 2012, 03:55 PM
hi i new to this aswell but i finding it hard to patch my box but its a old box a techomate tm1000
here is patch and softcam for your box follow the instructions in the "stickies" you need a null modem cable.

Shezsharks
3rd November, 2012, 01:24 AM
Wanting to invest in a linux based twin/triple tuner to use with a dish and compatible with c lines or n lines and dont know if they are compatible with this box, just keep finding softcam updates are they similar??? I know the VU+Duo is the best but way out of my price range and at least the Amiko Alien 2 can come with a 1tb hard drive installed.