PDA

View Full Version : I've upset my kess, can you help please?

clockworkfart
14th March, 2019, 07:21 PM
As in the title really;

fw: 4.036

using ksuite 2.08, everything was fine but I bought a ktag which came with ksuite 2.23 that's "net safe" so I decided to do away with 2.08 and use the newer software. The ktag works fine but the kess was saying "eefface error", I tried lots of different things - about 10 different versions of ksuite, formatting the sd card and starting afresh with 2.08 and even writing someone else's sd card's contents to mine but I'm not getting anywhere really; the best I can get it is none of the vehicle symbols working and everything in grey in the protocols list.

I don't think it was connected to the internet but I'm 99% sure rather than 100%. I can confirm the chip's an nxp lpc2478 so it seems reflashing it could be an issue but I'm not sure it needs that just yet.

Does anyone know how to get it back up and running please?

morgano
14th March, 2019, 08:19 PM
Your problem is for 4.036 kess need to use the ksuite 2.08 you used aleays.

The 2.23 version that rubs on new kess and ktag is notnworking with older produccing eeeface error.

Now you need put your sd card with correct files and use 2.08

clockworkfart
14th March, 2019, 08:29 PM
I thought I had done to be honest, happy to try again though thankyou

When I formatted the sd card and re-installed 2.08, wouldn't that have done the same thing?

clockworkfart
14th March, 2019, 10:37 PM
Still no joy unfortunately

I don't suppose anyone happens to have a backup of an sd card? 4.036 fw and 10038**** sw

bobolin4o
15th March, 2019, 09:17 AM
Buy NEW SD card (2, 4, 8 GB, no matter...) and put it in the KESS WITHOUT ANY formatting etc. on PC!
Copy and replace the Update folder from "Kessv2 4.036 SE87-C Add Tokens" of your china disc to corresponding directory where is the KESS program...
Don't forget about the internet, start the Ksuite with connected and powered KESS...
Enjoy!

P.S. Keep in mind, there is a hiden file lpc.dll (if i remember well) in the china disc - it is a virus...
So after copy the folder into the KESS directory make the hiden files visible and delete this file!

clockworkfart
15th March, 2019, 09:59 AM
I don't think I've seen that folder, it was all done with a self extracting thing - I'll see if I can find it or download it though

Or would a new card work if I just did everything the same as when I first installed it?

bobolin4o
15th March, 2019, 10:49 AM
Here is it.
https://dox.abv.bg/download?id=3141dd0175

clockworkfart
15th March, 2019, 06:28 PM
That got it �� thankyou very much!