PDA

View Full Version : cableferret won't unpack

davmac
10th September, 2008, 09:28 AM
i have downloaded cableferret and it will not unpack, the message :damaged
file structure or unknown file system: appears. Ihave tryed winrar and undisker, any idea's please.

Derekwd
10th September, 2008, 01:20 PM
It may well be damaged m8, download it again and if still same just try a different image.plenty of good ones around.

Derek

davmac
10th September, 2008, 03:08 PM
any suggesting, i'm pretty new at this

plasterer
10th September, 2008, 03:49 PM
Why Cable Ferrit mate theres loads out there
Try Blade Quad .......Paul

MetMan
10th September, 2008, 05:11 PM
i have downloaded cableferret and it will not unpack, the message :damaged
file structure or unknown file system: appears. Ihave tryed winrar and undisker, any idea's please.

u can try this 2x......fta only in line with rules....

cheers

davmac
10th September, 2008, 05:27 PM
well thanks for trying , but after finding and downloading blade quad i'm still getting the damaged file message. what it is i have been given a dbox2 which needs up grading and i have no idea how,so i am getting all my info from you guys,and i have being trying,sportster-cableferret-fatman and now blade.

arabeman14
10th September, 2008, 05:46 PM
you mean when you try to open the *.img file you have the error message ?

davmac
10th September, 2008, 07:49 PM
ok lets hope i am getting this correct, i double click on the in this case cable ferret v 1.6 icon and it opens with undisker. or not as it happens. the message on the screen comes up :damaged file structure or unknown file system: this also happens if i try useing winrar,as i said its the same with the other files i have attemped to open,

plasterer
10th September, 2008, 11:37 PM
Were are you getting the files from
Are the rared in packs of 3 or 4
A rared Image should be between 6000to 7000 kb
Once unrared it should be 8064 kb
have you got these figs .....Paul

davmac
11th September, 2008, 10:19 AM
just checked the three downloads i've got and its says 8,064kb. and not knowing were else to get these downloads from i got them from this site.
hope this helps
thanks
just reread your board, and it looks like i have got the figs.

<--davmac added 105 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...-->

while i am still trying to sort one problem out, i am using a beginners guide to setting up a dbox2, it says that i will need a services.xml and if poss a bouquets.xml,what are these and were can i get them.i have tryed at dboxfiles.741.com but the files are not available and may be out of date,any ideas

DavC
11th September, 2008, 11:25 AM
you don't open the image mate, you just need to flash it to the dbox as it is (single file)

it's not in a format that windows can understand but the dbox does.

if your current image is working then ftp it across to the dbox and drop it in the tmp folder. then grab your remote and go to services > expert> flash without bootloader (or something like that, thats from memory)

if your box isnt working at the mo then you'll need a program called IFA (Image Flash Assistant i think it stands for)

plasterer
11th September, 2008, 10:06 PM
Davmac wot area you in
Once you send the image to the Box
It will be able to scan for your Location
And receive Channels.........................Paul

Renwich
11th September, 2008, 11:24 PM
try updating your version of winrar

plasterer
11th September, 2008, 11:55 PM
Think hes Unrared it ok Ren
Think hes trying to open it now
Instaead of Flashing it .....Paul

davmac
12th September, 2008, 08:53 AM
ok loads of info there ,i am going to check it all out and give it a go .
thanks for your input.

davmac
18th September, 2008, 10:17 AM
hi back again, i am trying to flash a new image to my dbox2 i have got as far as starting up the flash assistant but i am getting the error message could'nt connect to dbox (timeout...?) any ideas
thanks.

DavC
18th September, 2008, 12:55 PM
select the image, select the network card, press ok, and press ok to the next screen...

then you need to plug in the dbox (or press the up arrow and power button to reboot it)
then when the dbox powers up it will begin the flashing process.

once it's finished and the bar has gone across (about 5 mins) exit the software and then reboot the dbox again.

try all that, and if your having issues still it might be worth getting a null modem cable and trying again with that attached. but personally i've never needed to do it that way.