PDA

View Full Version : How to open BSI on Xsara 2001 HDI

lobalt
14th December, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I have a Citroen Xsara 2001 HDI 2.0, with the BSI unit dead, I've found a second hand one and I want to put a virgin file in.

So how can I open the BSI unit and where is located the eeprom which need to be reprogrammed?

Best Regards

lobalt
15th December, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hi,

If somedy know?

Here are pics of my BSI, how can access to the eeprom needed to be programmed with a virgin file?

Thanks!

PremierD
15th December, 2009, 04:42 PM
Hi,

If somedy know?

Here are pics of my BSI, how can access to the eeprom needed to be programmed with a virgin file?

Thanks!

Unless you want to do a lot of Desoldering (which is the correct way )..Turn the BSI up the other way ... and I'll Mark where you cut it with a Dremil... (Cowboy I hear you say )......

I Just remembered ...It might be an nec....mmmmmm need other photo....

dashradio
15th December, 2009, 09:55 PM
Hi, looking at your 2nd picture have a look about 2ins from bottom right hand corner for the 8 leg chip, is it a 95040?

dikymint
3rd February, 2010, 01:16 AM
Where is the BSI on a 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso. What does it look like. My rear wiper got iced to the window and will no longer do a pause wipe, it will only do a four sweep cycle and stops anywhere but the park position. How do I reset this.

Xram
3rd February, 2010, 01:33 AM
Unless you want to do a lot of Desoldering (which is the correct way )..Turn the BSI up the other way ... and I'll Mark where you cut it with a Dremil... (Cowboy I hear you say )......

Not sure on the others but the Valeo unit doesn't need cut if you use a screwdriver down each side of the multiplugs itll easily pop open no need for cut :cool: though I think the other units need cut.:hmmmm2:

drpeter
3rd February, 2010, 12:18 PM

It is a NEC, so no eprom. desolder the pins on the right side (middle picture), unclip connectors and turn the right side of the board. Its very small, you need glasses for this BSI :-)

PS Remove the board with the yellow, blue pink and black connector. Had one saturday, give me a headache.

PremierD
3rd February, 2010, 01:00 PM
Like this small mate ..

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1710/104fhk.jpg (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/104fhk.jpg/)

BTW ...it does open .. without desoldering ....

geniehex
3rd February, 2010, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I have a Citroen Xsara 2001 HDI 2.0, with the BSI unit dead, I've found a second hand one and I want to put a virgin file in.

So how can I open the BSI unit and where is located the eeprom which need to be reprogrammed?

Best Regards
HELLO
Look your eprom
becarefull it is sticked!!

drpeter
3rd February, 2010, 02:11 PM
Like this small mate ..

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1710/104fhk.jpg (http://img191.imageshack.us/i/104fhk.jpg/)

BTW ...it does open .. without desoldering ....

OK I could not next time I try thanks :-)

Yes this is the right board on the other side.

PremierD
3rd February, 2010, 02:26 PM
HELLO
Look your eprom
becarefull it is sticked!!

You are correct mate .... did not look close enough at the pickies ... ( this will be the easier of the two then ...)

drpeter
3rd February, 2010, 02:42 PM
You are correct mate .... did not look close enough at the pickies ... ( this will be the easier of the two then ...)

I never saw a Picasso 2001 VALEO BSI with 95040?
After 2004 is SIEMENS BSI with 95040.

PremierD
3rd February, 2010, 03:29 PM
I never saw a Picasso 2001 VALEO BSI with 95040?
After 2004 is SIEMENS BSI with 95040.

Straight Xsara...mate ... Not picasso...Done a few ...

drpeter
3rd February, 2010, 03:34 PM
Straight Xsara...mate ... Not picasso...Done a few ...

aha, looks exactly like Picasso, didn't notice it sorry.

sl4ck
3rd February, 2010, 09:33 PM
lobalt, could you please post virgin dump to this BSI?

Thanks

motorsport
4th February, 2010, 09:07 PM
2001 IS NEC PROCESSOR SAME PICASSE YOU NEED MAKE GOOD SOLDER IF YOU WANT DAMAGED

PremierD
4th February, 2010, 09:12 PM
2001 IS NEC PROCESSOR SAME PICASSE YOU NEED MAKE GOOD SOLDER IF YOU WANT DAMAGED

Hate to burst your bubble mate ..... Read the thread from the beginning ..... It is a Xsara..... Not a Piccasso.....And if you look (carefully) at the original posters pictures ... you will see an EEprom.......