PDA

View Full Version : how to flash a dreambox 7020

^^MaXiMo II^^
9th September, 2008, 05:03 PM
here a little how to
this is to install a firmware in flash i would advise you to flash your box with latest nabilo blackhole.
give us a shout if you get stuck :)

Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files from the DM7000. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.[/COLOR]
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.[/COLOR]
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.[/COLOR]

The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup
an IP address in the bootloader's [/COLOR]serial setup[/COLOR] (http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/setup_eng.php). Oh, and it assumes you have a second-stage
loader newer than Version 37. The Second-stage version is displayed when you poweron the box,
in the LCD. look for "BOOT #37" (which is version 37). If it says "CF FOUND" instead, remove the
compact flash card to see the version message. If it doesn't say anything, it's probably an even
older version.

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/Bilder/an_aus.jpg
- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" (to enter the deep-standby mode) or by
using the power-switch. Standby is not enough!

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/Bilder/front_pfeil.jpg[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
- (1.) Press and hold the lower frontpanel button.
- (2.) Switch on the dreambox, either by using the powerswitch or, in deep-standby mode,
press the power button. Still, hold the lower button.
- (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. If something like "/flash".. appears, you didn't
hold the right button. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
- (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
work, set an IP using the serial terminal[/COLOR] (http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/setup_eng.php))
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/Bilder/WebInterface.png
- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm7025/Bilder/WebInterface2.png
On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

krazylegz
10th September, 2008, 10:00 AM
excellent guide maximo m8 made it a stickie:)

garx70
24th December, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hi,

this is my first move into the world of digital sat. Have just purchased a dreambox 7020 for receiving satelite channels.

I would like to thanks 'Maximo' for the very helpful instructions.

Kind regards,
Giannis.

zazo
29th December, 2008, 08:17 PM
It is very clear ,I shall try it

zorgadream
4th January, 2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks a lot. Your explanation was very usefull. It is very simple and fast.:wavey::wavey:

Zorgadream

DIODE321
21st January, 2009, 02:00 AM
Really sorry.............guess this may well be a stupid question, but not getting my DB 7025 until tomorrow and taking a risk really because I only started trying to do networking when I got Vista and found it a bit of nightmare.....but will this guide work with a 7025 as it seems to be for a 7020 but one of the pics shows 7025???

Can you recommend any really good websites to learn about networking and is XP easier to network as I have a laptop running XP.

And final question (sorry!) what the hell is telnet??

Diode

richie55
16th March, 2009, 01:27 AM
Yes XP may be easier but you can use vista too, its just Mr Gates thinks most people wont so has tucked a lot of things away, bless his cotton socks. Telnet is not on vista as it is in XP, but you can activate it easy enough. Its an old style communications package. Wikipedia has more info than you are ever likely to want to read on the subjet if you suffer from insomnia.

To activate on Vista:
Start -> Control Panel
Programs and Features
Select Telnet Client and OK

Sir Knight
25th March, 2009, 12:16 PM
Has anyone tried the openvpn on ither 7020 or 800?

stiltonjohn
4th May, 2009, 08:13 PM
Hi,

Just got a new dreambos 500s. I was advised to flash it to make it work but I think I have killed it. I can flash it with dreamup but what file do I flash it with ?

I cant search for satalites or anything.

Please help

jonathan9866
9th June, 2009, 04:04 PM
Hi garx70, I am in a dilema about choosing a satellite dreambox box but I am not sure. What is your set up like could you advise me on any good or bad bits please?
Regards
Jon

satwino
25th June, 2009, 01:57 PM
Did what it said... and I flashed Gemini 4.60 on my 7020 in 5 mins and that included cabling up and entering the ip address manually!!

great stuff thanks Andy

Christos2714
13th September, 2009, 06:18 AM
very helpfull! Thanks mate!

dylan54
9th November, 2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks a lot. Your explanation was very usefull.

Mokum
23rd December, 2009, 03:03 PM
How do i get a new image in my dreambox i cannot connect wiht dcc the display says stop help please
thanx Mokum

dm7020s
25th January, 2010, 07:44 PM
I am new to setting up dreambox. Can someone please send me guides and any files

peppuzzolo
29th June, 2010, 08:15 AM
Does anybody know why sometimes I lost the connectivity during the web upgrade? I tried different browser, but it fail very often.

alscc
27th September, 2010, 09:12 PM
GEMINI 4.7

:thefinger: i can send this file for DB500s Clone

Chris246
21st February, 2011, 11:17 PM
I spent many hours browsing internet how to flash my DM7020.
I tried some methods ( FlashWizardPRO, DreamUP) but all of them failed!
The method described above was the first, that worked!
Thank you!

BULLYBOY
24th February, 2011, 12:33 PM
Trying to flash a dreambox DM500S USING DREAM UP,starts to flash after it gets to about 3 bars a box with a cross in it appears and it says aborted by user.
Any help would be appreciated

conker4
12th May, 2011, 11:01 AM
my box says all channels need to be descrambled pls nelp only cbeebs work :manusign:

fudgel
15th February, 2012, 05:30 PM
this sound interesting.