PDA

View Full Version : Bricked box possibly

ANALYSE_THIS
14th December, 2009, 04:15 PM
Hi All,

ive got a problem with my box, whilst it was one my little lad pulled the plug out, now when i plug it in i get a solid green light nothing comes on the screen i think its done.

any ideas would be appreciated, you dont know how bad it is when he cant watch babby TV.

thanks for taking a read.

:help:

Manic01
14th December, 2009, 04:20 PM
Try a reflash

ANALYSE_THIS
14th December, 2009, 04:23 PM
Try a reflash

thanks. time to get researching then i have no idea how to this. but thanks for the point in the right direction.

ANALYSE_THIS
14th December, 2009, 06:45 PM
Ive tried to flash the box with dream up its not picking the box up. when i flick switch over to sat it comes on when i flick to cab nothing just a green solid light

portbhoy
14th December, 2009, 06:50 PM
Ok mate just a guess when using dreamup you have to press connect then flick the box on from a powered off state is this what you did?

ANALYSE_THIS
14th December, 2009, 06:51 PM
Ok mate just a guess when using dreamup you have to press connect then flick the box on from a powered off state is this what you did?

thankyou for your promp reply i had the COM port just flashing now as we talk is there anything else i need to do after the flash thats if it works

wilf
14th December, 2009, 06:52 PM
with the open media do not switch the sat/cab whilst power on it must be turned off at the wall before hand. As suggested tho i would keep trying the reflash with dreamup as this i think is the only way to recover the box when it goes down

oops i posted too late hope you up and running soon

ANALYSE_THIS
14th December, 2009, 07:19 PM
Ok so now ive managed to get this far box is operational now just to get my channels back ive scanned i have fta channels thinking how do get em all back any pointers

wilf
14th December, 2009, 07:21 PM
you need to ftp the files over to the box now using ethernet cable and router

ANALYSE_THIS
14th December, 2009, 07:46 PM
you need to ftp the files over to the box now using ethernet cable and router

and how is that done i have me ethernet cable connected to router are we talking magic files

wilf
14th December, 2009, 08:48 PM
yes mate, i learnt from this Digital Kaos - - How to set up a dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=294&t=26780)

ANALYSE_THIS
15th December, 2009, 11:36 AM
yes mate, i learnt from this Digital Kaos - - How to set up a dreambox (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=294&t=26780)

Thankyou very much ill give it a try and let you know thanks for the PM to