PDA

View Full Version : How to disable Checksum function on MPPS V16, P0602 Error

mexscirocco
18th March, 2019, 11:17 PM
Hi guys, I am running cloned MPPS V16 with dongle.
I am writing a tune onto my ECU which has been externally check summed correctly but when I write it with MPPS it does something to it and check sums it incorrectly and the car gives me an error:
001538 - Internal Control Module
P0602 - 000 - Programming Error - MIL ON

Does anybody know how to fix this or can I use the dongle on a different tuning software to program ECU correctly.

Thanks!

mprog
19th March, 2019, 09:49 AM
What car ? year ? model ? ECU ?

More information please

mexscirocco
20th March, 2019, 09:55 PM
It's a 2006 Jetta TDI with the EDC16U34
I've tried uploading .bin files with both MPPS V16 and Vag Commander Pro. They both give the checksum error.
Thanks!

mexscirocco
21st March, 2019, 01:55 AM
For your convenience and reference I am attaching the original .bin file and the modified .bin file
Thanks for the help!

mexscirocco
26th March, 2019, 03:55 AM
I believe my problem was with the files I was receiving from my tuner.
I received a tuning file from a user here and flashed it in and have had no more problems. I flashed it with Vag Commander Pro.

icezero2010
26th March, 2019, 12:53 PM
I believe my problem was with the files I was receiving from my tuner.
I received a tuning file from a user here and flashed it in and have had no more problems. I flashed it with Vag Commander Pro.

Problem is not in flash its in eeprom

but the tuning file is s...... !!

read eeprom make new checksum flash and all is fine

Pyromaniak
26th March, 2019, 05:37 PM
i think too, *hit :)

in post file tuned is no chksm

mexscirocco
31st March, 2019, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

I am not a pro so not sure if tuning file is good or not but it worked.

What makes a good vs a sh*t tuning file?

morgano
31st March, 2019, 10:10 AM
Just pour more fuel without exact control and raise boost= sh1tty tune (decalibrated)

Tune made with sense, calculating the numbers to your aim, keeping as its best the balance of the whole engine management = good tune. IMHO.

mexscirocco
1st April, 2019, 04:20 AM
Just pour more fuel without exact control and raise boost= sh1tty tune (decalibrated)

Tune made with sense, calculating the numbers to your aim, keeping as its best the balance of the whole engine management = good tune. IMHO.

Can you recommend someone?

mexscirocco
6th May, 2019, 03:22 AM
Just an update. I received a tune from a different tuner who I found on here. Flashed and everything went well, when checking for codes ECU still gives me error.
I was told to flash using Kessv2 or different software as to avoid this error in the future. Have not done so yet. Only problem I have is when car starts it pings and gives 'SERVICE NOW' warning.
No check engine light.