PDA

View Full Version : My experiences on the forum

MVRH
19th March, 2019, 01:54 PM
I read the rules I help others FREE with advice or whatever

But it seems when i ask for help i get Pm'd with i can help you but skype or email me then payment is of course going to be involved

The point of forum is to help free and share knowledge and experience in whatever to assist others and build a community or am i missing the point .

I understand if some asks for files everyday or its a difficult file then yes it takes some time BUT if people don't want offer help in the first instance why be a member.

mprog
19th March, 2019, 02:21 PM
Help free, not upload files for doing busines with files from forum....

morgano
19th March, 2019, 03:07 PM
The whole point of free forum help is that the recipient of the help can learn from it. No
make money with forum files, learn nothing and disappear until he needs another “help”.

If you kearn nothing you cannot help others, so i repeat your question other way, is such a member valueble to forum real community?

MVRH
19th March, 2019, 05:25 PM
I’m helping most days when nobody answers newbies normally everyone has to start somewhere... and why every one assumes business and profit???

morgano
19th March, 2019, 06:02 PM
I...and why every one assumes business and profit???

Just exprerience, and many years seeing those menbers behaviour.

MVRH
19th March, 2019, 08:03 PM
I’m sorry but in this instance I disagree . If it was business or profit over learning they’d be no business. For business I buy files as I need them same day like anyone on here. Any files I’ve posted are for learning or projects for myself or friends. Even when i haven’t uploaded a file and just asked a question it still is ignored. I think it’s unfair that long standing members should think of all new members in this way. Maybe a donation should be recommended for repeat file requests or a directory of trusted professionals that members who choose to use the forum for business can pay set fee?

I login most days and answer many unanswered threads with advice where others ignore

morgano
19th March, 2019, 09:05 PM
I am not refering to members asking questions, those are always welcome.

I talk about people just requesting ready made files one time, and another, and another, and many times for same ecu model. So lazy people that don’t even think on loosing a minute of their lives studying the file they were provided.

Or people who registers and asks for files from year to year and never help others. If you ask for help is fair help others when you can. Is not fair being registered since 2009 and have posted 7 messages one the presentation and the others requesting for “help” as files. And no news from the member until next year he needs another file.

Or people who register many accounts to make the forum his fishing pool for files hidden as “newbies”.

It is true that help should be free of charge here, but it is also true that no one is forced to help everybody. You help the people you think he deserves the help.

If you don’t consider the member is qualified to receive free help you simply ignore the request until he develops some career in forum helping community, not just asking for files.

What i mean is not all is white or black, there exist grey also. It is up to each one decide if you help those. You do? I greet you. You don’t? I greet too.

You should know many people run a business based on forum files, those guys works for penauts because they don’t have to put any effort in the files they sell and ruin the market, so people who does this for living is somehow burned with them.

Anyway, this is all bullshit. You wanna help, do it, you don’t want, don’t do it, all behaviour is valid.

Cry if they don’t get the help they want shows the kind of person they are, thus not deserve to be helped.

Don’t want to argue more on this as is a rusted theme.

Nice day and hope you understood what i meant.

morgano
19th March, 2019, 09:11 PM
Ah, and if your pm get flooded with payment requests for a job you asked in the free forum click the report button.

MVRH
19th March, 2019, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your input I do understand for sure. I wasn’t aware people have several accounts etc... if I can help others I do in life and other. The point to my topic was because it’s more regular. Hopefully we can help each other in future

clockworkfart
24th March, 2019, 12:43 AM
I really sympathise with what you're saying;

I'm a newbie on here and to ecu tuning, I'm a qualified mechanic but got out of the trade in 2004. It's handy for fixing my own cars and family/occasionally friends but that's as far as I want it to go these days. I've taken up tuning as an interest and as an extension of what I just said; my own cars, family and occasionally friends.

I've jumped in at the deep end with my landrover but, with the damos I have and a full bdm read, I'm not really getting anywhere and can't seem to get any help or advice so I bought a tuned file which turned out to be rubbish (even as a newb I can see that) so (Not wanting to waste any more money) I've asked for the free files a few times and all I get is "email/skype" pms so, for now, I'm stuck.

On the other hand, I understand the reluctance to do an entire file in case I'm one of the few who are selling their services - it must be very frustrating having put the time and money into learning. Sadly, as is often the case, there's always the greedy or less genuine few who spoil it for the rest of us......