PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox with Media Portal

amofakham
25th March, 2008, 10:01 PM
Guys

I know im new here and I hope you dont mind me starting a new thread, I have a HTPC that i use with Media Portal, and there is a Dreambox plugin that you can stream from your dreambox to your PC, Anyone had any experiance with this or know how it performs??

Again appologies if ive posted this in the wrong place..

Thanks

Devilfish
25th March, 2008, 10:13 PM
No need to apologise amofakham!

I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with an HTPC, maybe one of the other lads does.

But I'll search around and see what I can find. :)

EDIT:

As far as I can tell, it's just a case of creating a mount on the dreambox to point to a shared folder on your HTPC. The dreambox would be connected to your HTPC via ethernet cable.

Also, the dreambox on it's own cannot play avi/divx/xvid video, only mpeg. If you wanted to stream divx (which you probably do) then it would need to be converted to mpeg or transcoded via VLC VideoLan on the HTPC before being sent to the dreambox.

amofakham
27th March, 2008, 02:41 PM
Kaos

Thanks for the advice, ill try it out and see how it goes, Also just found out that i can stream the Dreambox to the PC via Web... Cool!!!

Thanks again!

thommo
27th March, 2008, 02:57 PM
yes, you can use webxtv or vlc to stream from the box or theres a few softwares that let you do it from your pc, dreamstream is one of them but you will need vlc installed on your pc.

smirnoff_rules
27th March, 2008, 05:24 PM
u can use the converter in downloads too m8 http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=61 its alot faster l think and the picture has no breakup .. will for me anyway lol