PDA

View Full Version : CarProg Clone - Bricked ?

Scubituss
21st March, 2019, 07:02 AM
Hi Guys!!!

Yesterday I recive my carprog 'chinese clone'. I try it straight away on my Zafira to get pin code, everyfing was fine and I get the pincode without any problems then I go to try to get pin from Corsa D ME 7.6.2 to perform ECU reset, when I plug in usb cable to laptop I get a message 'connect device' :crushed::crushed::crushed: - CarProg unit... Suddently unit is unrecognizable for laptop now only green diode stay's solid I try to change the mini-usb cable, laptop and still nothing. From time o time I get message 'Device unrecognized'.
Anyone have similiar situation?

Thanks for any info.:peaceful:

Stelaras26
21st March, 2019, 11:16 AM
Do you have other programmers installed too??
try another pc,also get into device manager to see if device is recognised for there...
If not,
Just take some photos,contact seller,and ask for a full refund !!

Scubituss
22nd March, 2019, 12:46 PM
First time I run the device on win 7 pro 32 with Delphi instaled on it only, and after first successful read on Zafira I try to read ME 7.6.2 but CarProg start to be unrecognizable. I try it on fresh win 7 pro 32 and xp 32 with the same result on 2 different PC's. Refund is in progress.
Now beacuse I forgot to mention bricked one was v10.93 and I read someware that PCB in that version is quite unstable, so I will order 8.21. Mayby you have any experience with that version ?

Thank you for reading and answer to my problem.

Stelaras26
25th March, 2019, 01:30 AM
10.93 is only the software,firmware of the device should work good with 8.21/9.xx/10.xx
Did you try simple things like changing the usb cable?
It cant be unrecognisable like this...Did you try updating or hardware test with internet on?

Scubituss
25th March, 2019, 06:15 PM
Yes I already try 2 used cables and 1 brand new. After resoldering USB socket it was discovered once by PC as unknown device, after reconnecting it's the same like it was. I think the problem is in PCB around socket, anyway I don't trust to this device because I dont want lost connection durring flashing etc. When I will have some time I will solder wires straight to PCB bypassing the socket, and let you know it is help. Mayby it will be helpfull for someone with familiar problem.

Glenpring
10th July, 2019, 02:29 PM
Any update on this I’m getting no device attached tried everything no joy.