PDA

View Full Version : Nissan EDC16CP33

sijones
22nd March, 2019, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

I've had a problem with EGR on my car for a while, it seems electrical (P0409) and I had the original map put back trying to find the problem but haven't been successful. I want to delete the EGR in the map but as it's done 150k remappers don't want to touch it.

So what tool do you recommend for me to be able to read/write the ecu, i've read injector codes can be lost and i seen that when it was remapped that they had to read the injector codes first then remap and then flash and put injector codes back in, so i need a tool that can read/write and do the codes afterwards.

Been looking at FG Tech and Kess so far?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Catalizator
22nd March, 2019, 01:03 PM
galletto works well with this ecm
save the codes of injectors, read, write calibrations, write codes

sijones
22nd March, 2019, 01:37 PM
Is that Galletto V54?

Catalizator
22nd March, 2019, 02:50 PM
yes, v54
use proven equipment

sijones
22nd March, 2019, 07:20 PM
Cheers, does the Galletto software automatically save the codes / built in or is there separate software to read/write codes

sijones
23rd March, 2019, 12:13 PM
Can i ask, is it just the writing that can be a problem on these ecu's, is reading always safe?

Milicija
23rd March, 2019, 06:55 PM
Reading is safe, the injector codes are lost when writting file... I personally prefer and use Kess (5.017), before writting, you can go to tools and read injector coding, but Kess has automatic reading and writting injector codes procedure, when you will start writting new file - Kess will ask you, and if you agree, it will read and write injector coding after the flash file is written... Bit problematic are EDC16CP33 with keyless start system, but if you have simple key system, that there should be no problems :)

sijones
23rd March, 2019, 08:29 PM
I do have keyless yes, it's not a card type or push button start if that makes a difference and you can use the manual key to start etc?

What will i need to do to make sure i don't mess that up!

P.S it has previously been flashed by a remapper and was ok.

Milicija
23rd March, 2019, 09:20 PM
If You decide to buy KESS you will get instructions after selecting the EDC16CP33 protocol - owners with keyless start will be warned and instructions will be - turn ignition on with mechanical key :)

sijones
23rd March, 2019, 09:28 PM
I've bought Kess and Galletto v54 vd300, as i want to remap my wife's car after i've sorted mine so thought i'd just get them and then am sorted.