PDA

View Full Version : old R4 revelution

tommy2426
15th December, 2009, 05:17 AM
Hi peeps, been out the ds scene for about 18 months now, as my boys DS went on the blink, and its been XBOX360 since, however a m8 of mine has 2 DS's and was asking about cards, i still have the old R4 revelution and tried it on his consoles 1 worked the other didn't. One is a couple of years old and thats the 1 it worked on the other is newer but not DSi. Now the question is which card could i get that will play the latest games, or will a DS not play newer games(i know i've said i've been away a while) i was going to play about with my old R4, ie add firmware,kernals and stuff to see whats what but i cant find the usb stick that the sd card goes into so im stuck as to what card to get for him any help much appreciated folks:vollkommenauf:

camelv
15th December, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hi peeps, been out the ds scene for about 18 months now, as my boys DS went on the blink, and its been XBOX360 since, however a m8 of mine has 2 DS's and was asking about cards, i still have the old R4 revelution and tried it on his consoles 1 worked the other didn't. One is a couple of years old and thats the 1 it worked on the other is newer but not DSi. Now the question is which card could i get that will play the latest games, or will a DS not play newer games(i know i've said i've been away a while) i was going to play about with my old R4, ie add firmware,kernals and stuff to see whats what but i cant find the usb stick that the sd card goes into so im stuck as to what card to get for him any help much appreciated folks:vollkommenauf:

i get mine from here m8 you can also download the software for the card and there is a pdf tutorial to download if you get stuck.
R4 SDHC Card for DS + 2GB Micro SD Memory Card : R4 : r4i.co.uk (http://www.r4i.co.uk/shop/r4/r4-sdhc-card-for-ds-plus-2gb-micro-sd-memory-card/5941)

tommy2426
16th December, 2009, 12:11 AM
and this would play all the latest games on DS camelv:questionmark:

cgscott
16th December, 2009, 12:21 AM
and this would play all the latest games on DS camelv:questionmark:

The R4 is for the old ds and ds lite.
The r4i is for the new dsi.

Thats why your card only worked on 1 of his.

Purchase the card you need from r4.co.uk