PDA

View Full Version : Turn on Immo and New Cluster adaptation.

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 01:54 PM
Hey there, i have a strange issue, i've bought a car (AUDI a3 8P 2004) with power windows issue, i tried everything to figure out what's wrong, changed comfort module, checked wires, fuses, relays, then noticed that on instrument cluster safe mode is in the odometer, i did a full scan and i've noticed that immobilizer is disabled to this car, that's why the car is in safe mode, the power windows and sunroof works first 10 minutes after ignition on or after start up and then does not working anymore, i think the EEPROM was faulty for previous instrument cluster and they just disabled immobilizer to start the car, now i am trying to fix everything, i got new instrument cluster, fitted, it still goes in the safe mode due immobilizer being disabled, so, i've found similiar cases who was able to fix it, they has used FVDI to fix it, tomorrow i am meeting my friend who has FVDI, but i don't know if they would have experence with it to Turn on imobilizer, get the Pin from the old cluster and adapt the new one with the previous cluster pin, maybe there is anyone experenced with FVDI and would help explaining how to do that?

J328D
24th March, 2019, 03:03 PM
hi,

yes the windows are blocked in safe mode.
immo on or off in the ecu is not interesting. you must adapt the cluster to this car. read with fvdi ecu and note the pin mac cs powerclass.
on the normal way, fvdi dont read the cluster in safe mode.
you must read and safe the eeprom 24c32/24c64 in the cluster with a programmer. then you must write a damaged file into the eeprom.
now you connect the cluster back in the car and write the ori file in the cluster by fvdi.
now normaly you have access to the cluster and you can change vin ,pin, mac, cs and something else.

or you use x-prog programmer for this job

AutoGeek
24th March, 2019, 03:15 PM
Hey there, i have a strange issue, i've bought a car (AUDI a3 8P 2004) with power windows issue, i tried everything to figure out what's wrong, changed comfort module, checked wires, fuses, relays, then noticed that on instrument cluster safe mode is in the odometer, i did a full scan and i've noticed that immobilizer is disabled to this car, that's why the car is in safe mode, the power windows and sunroof works first 10 minutes after ignition on or after start up and then does not working anymore, i think the EEPROM was faulty for previous instrument cluster and they just disabled immobilizer to start the car, now i am trying to fix everything, i got new instrument cluster, fitted, it still goes in the safe mode due immobilizer being disabled, so, i've found similiar cases who was able to fix it, they has used FVDI to fix it, tomorrow i am meeting my friend who has FVDI, but i don't know if they would have experence with it to Turn on imobilizer, get the Pin from the old cluster and adapt the new one with the previous cluster pin, maybe there is anyone experenced with FVDI and would help explaining how to do that?

I have had suh issues and matching was a strenuos process.So i just virginized the cluster using FVDI and left it as virgin,windows work well ever since.Done it on 2 Audi A3s and a Jetta 5.

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 03:26 PM
hi,

yes the windows are blocked in safe mode.
immo on or off in the ecu is not interesting. you must adapt the cluster to this car. read with fvdi ecu and note the pin mac cs powerclass.
on the normal way, fvdi dont read the cluster in safe mode.
you must read and safe the eeprom 24c32/24c64 in the cluster with a programmer. then you must write a damaged file into the eeprom.
now you connect the cluster back in the car and write the ori file in the cluster by fvdi.
now normaly you have access to the cluster and you can change vin ,pin, mac, cs and something else.

or you use x-prog programmer for this job
Thanks alot for explaining, have you did it yourself? So you are saying i can leave immo off, the safe mode is because of demaged eeprom?

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 03:27 PM
I have had suh issues and matching was a strenuos process.So i just virginized the cluster using FVDI and left it as virgin,windows work well ever since.Done it on 2 Audi A3s and a Jetta 5.
Safe mode has dissapeared? Have you had to put a new one cluster?

J328D
24th March, 2019, 04:21 PM
yes i do it on a audi tt 8j .

yes you can leave immo off

but you must adapt the cluster to your car. safe mode is because your cluster has not the same data as in the ecu.

or you only must learn the key , check this

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 04:36 PM
yes i do it on a audi tt 8j .

yes you can leave immo off

but you must adapt the cluster to your car. safe mode is because your cluster has not the same data as in the ecu.

or you only must learn the key , check this

Ok, so i can make also the cluster as a virgin as previous user said? Because i am not sure if my friend will have a good knowelge with avdi to adapt the new cluster, maybe i am wrong, but just want to fix this issue at any cost soon.

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 04:45 PM
Also, my old cluster also shows safe, that's because they also has a bad adaptation, or because of faulty EEPROM? If the my current cluster has bad adaptation, where should i get the pin? From ECU?

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 04:58 PM
I did a scan with my VCP, i found this info in ECU, does this pin is original pin, which cluster should have, but they have a different pin than this, that's why i am being in a safe mode ?

I should adapt new cluster with this Pin? Or it's just Immo Pin which is usseful?

AutoGeek
24th March, 2019, 06:07 PM
Safe mode has dissapeared? Have you had to put a new one cluster?Nope. Safe mode still there but no problems with windows

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 06:08 PM
Oh :/ I would like to disable the safe mode also, what kind of problems you had with your windows?

kiszka
24th March, 2019, 06:31 PM
Oh :/ I would like to disable the safe mode also, what kind of problems you had with your windows?
There is an inscription on the dash Safe

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 06:34 PM
There is an inscription on the dash Safe
What are you trying to say?

kiszka
24th March, 2019, 06:51 PM
What are you trying to say?

Safe, means safe mode
Answer questions !!

nemoku
24th March, 2019, 07:07 PM
We should follow this tutorial? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV1BNWDXhVE Just to skip immo steps and key codding to immo?