PDA

View Full Version : escalade ECU acdelco

mrchip
26th March, 2019, 11:31 AM
Hi
I need to clone this ecu :
car escalade yr2009
ecu acdelco 12639900
i dont have any idea about thi ecu, can someone tell me please how to clone this ecu ( or virgin and immooff )
thanks

droidwayne65
26th March, 2019, 12:08 PM
Hi
I need to clone this ecu :
car escalade yr2009
ecu acdelco 12639900
i dont have any idea about thi ecu, can someone tell me please how to clone this ecu ( or virgin and immooff )
thanks
I've never even tried to clone one. The screwy thing about those ECUs is that identical part numbers can have different configurations. For example, you can find a Escalade and a Suburban using the same unit but they can't be swapped without some config issue popping up. I just get the used one, flash it with the latest software for that VIN from GM, do a 12 minute immo relearn and it's done. Takes less than thirty minutes.

mrchip
26th March, 2019, 02:53 PM
I've never even tried to clone one. The screwy thing about those ECUs is that identical part numbers can have different configurations. For example, you can find a Escalade and a Suburban using the same unit but they can't be swapped without some config issue popping up. I just get the used one, flash it with the latest software for that VIN from GM, do a 12 minute immo relearn and it's done. Takes less than thirty minutes.

Thank you for info
Problem is that I dont have car, it is far a way, I m collecting info about this ecu, I've never had it before.
in this case can I try swap eeprom/mcu from ori to donor ? ( if so where is stored immo data ?)
or
I need more info about immo relearn procedure . Need pincode ? need to program first Virgin ? need to get acces to online dealer server ?
which tool does well this job..
Thanks

droidwayne65
26th March, 2019, 03:17 PM
Nah. Stick the donor in and do a 30-minute relearn if you don't have a scanner like a Tech2: Turn the key to Ignition, without trying to crank it, wait about 10 minutes until the "padlock" security light goes off, turn the key to off then repeat the procedure two more times. After the third time, turn the key off then attempt to start. If all went well, the truck will start. It's so easy to change most GM ECMs, I've never attempted to do anything else with them. For flashing, you need server access.