PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta 2009 dismantle ignition

rob h
27th March, 2019, 01:19 PM
Fiesta 2009 hu101
Cilinder ignition wont turn anymore.

How can i remove this ignition lock.
Should i drill a hole somewhere?

I also want to take it apart, and try to fix it, so nothing to destructive.

Thankfull for any help,

Greetings, Guys

sleepyrz
27th March, 2019, 02:02 PM
Fiesta 2009 hu101
Cilinder ignition wont turn anymore.

How can i remove this ignition lock.
Should i drill a hole somewhere?

I also want to take it apart, and try to fix it, so nothing to destructive.

Thankfull for any help,

Greetings, Guys

lol just being funny

did you try to turn the steering wheel at the same time..................

bu dum tshhh

sleepyrz
27th March, 2019, 02:03 PM
you tried to lishi it?

have you figured out why it isnt turning anymore?

stuck wafer?

worn out wafers?

worn out key?

broken wafer?

pick and dissassemble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38_c6AfQQH4

rob h
27th March, 2019, 04:55 PM
The key whas worn down.
Inserted key, needed jiggling.
New cut key, condor.
Worked poorly.
Cut one more key.
Compensated +0.3 mm.
Worked slightly better.

Then tried org key, nothing
No turning possible with any key.

p1et
27th March, 2019, 05:02 PM
I think for this one need drill hole in ignition housing to be able to push release pin while cylinder is turned to 1st or 2nd position. But I don't know if this is possible to do in car to drill there and remove just cylinder. Take a look at the video above, mark 3:20-3:24 and you will see where push pin is located, then go see in car of there is enough place for drill a hole.

camelgd
27th March, 2019, 06:45 PM

rob h
27th March, 2019, 10:29 PM

Job done,

I bought a used lock, took it apart, and rekeyed it.

I took some pictures, hope it comes in handy for someone.
Still need to take the org apart, to see what is wrong.
There a 10 cuts on the key, and wafers 1-8 are inside the ign.

Thanks guys

p1et
22nd September, 2023, 02:34 AM
Hello guys,

I need urgent assistance to reasemble this ignition lock. I completely don't understand this one. I remember I was dismantling this and also struggled to put it back like 5 years ago but somehow I managed to do it. Now even with @rob instructions I can't...

No. 1 picture: long and big spring comes first to the steering lock metal piece (the sprocket is unable to rotate)
No. 2 picture the first piece comes on spring, need to rotate it to sit properly and then put 2nd piece on top
No. 3 picture: while pushing down both pieces, I put phillips screw.

So all is put together but I can't turn it with screwdriver. The sprocket is stuck, unable to rotate. I don't understand your instruction 1st step: Align sprocket. I can't even move this so what should I do? Please help.

Meanwhile I found a video where some guy is showing how to remove ignition cylinder without unscrewing those 2 phillips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rXYagZEDQA&t=40s

But it is too late for me, I have disassembled lock with new (second hand) cylinder so need to put it back to original housing but I can't.

How to align sprocket? This piece can't rotate, I don't understand this. I also tried by removing electric switch from the back and then I hold metal piece which comes to electric switch with pilers and try to turn, it's stuck. WTF???

Weasel3
22nd September, 2023, 06:16 AM
Even the new, Ford's have this problem.
Heard about 6 year old Connect, a while back.

Could be smart to have a couple complete, ready in stock.
And just rekey, when they occur.

p1et
22nd September, 2023, 08:25 AM
Ok I figured it out how to reassemble everything and will uodste this thread later with Pictures. Its not the end... I have other problem now when trying to rekey this lock for origonal customer cuta. And what is happening is unbelievable. Pics also later as im trying to focus now on how to not get crazy

p1et
22nd September, 2023, 08:53 AM
Ok so to rotate and align sprocket, you must remove electric switch from the back and push that white piece marked in red.

Ok but then I have another problem which is some real mystery.

I started rekeying and pop out the 1st wafer ftom the key shoulder, put corresponding wafer to customers key and it didnt fit. There should be 14 wafer, it didnt git.

Edit:

Musti I tried with every wafer, I have complete set 10 pieces, all from 1-5 and all from 11 to 15 and none wafer fits so aftermarket wafers are piece of shit

musti418
22nd September, 2023, 09:14 AM
Ok so to rotate and align sprocket, you must remove electric switch from the back and push that white piece marked in red.

Ok but then I have another problem which is some real mystery.

The key with plastic head is original key for this barrel which I want to rekey. Blade only is original customer's blade for the broken ignition lock. As you can see, the last 4 cuts are the same on both blades. But when inserted, customers blade doesn't match the wafers, wtf????

At first I just started rekeying and pop out the 1st wafer ftom the key shoulder, put corresponding wafer to customers key and it didnt fit so Then investigate and nothing fits here, idk what is going on really. What is the problem?
Hello, there may be errors while reading. For example, in Hu101, 12-5 should be written as 2.

kemaster
22nd September, 2023, 09:39 AM
........ I have complete set 10 pieces, all from 1-5 and all from 11 to 15 and none wafer fits so aftermarket wafers are piece of shit

You mean wafer doesn't fit the hole or it fits the hole but when inserting the blade doesn't align proper. Can you post photo of these fake wafers?

p1et
22nd September, 2023, 09:40 AM
Ok so conclusion is aftermarket wafers which I bought is pure sh1t. I put the original wafers which I found can corresond with customer's key and they fit perfect. But I dont have stock original, cant install it with 4 wafers out of 8, grrr

p1et
22nd September, 2023, 09:47 AM
Yes fake wafers doesnt allign with key properly. Here are photos. Not are all stamped.

Edit:

Ok so some numbers fit correctly but '14' which suppose to be first doesnt fit completely. All those '1x' are bad, the ones with one digit '1', '2' etc fit correct. What a headache

kemaster
22nd September, 2023, 09:59 AM
So what wafers have you used so far when doing rekey on HU101? At first glance these wafers look normal.

p1et
22nd September, 2023, 11:28 AM
So what wafers have you used so far when doing rekey on HU101? At first glance these wafers look normal.

I always used ASP original wafers which my father bought like 15 years ago

https://www.clksupplies.com/products/ford-high-security-pinning-kit-hu101-a-18-111

It was high priced but now I understans why :) Perfect quality

p1et
22nd September, 2023, 11:37 AM
Generally speaking, wafers in the original customers lock were sooo baaad... And one of them #No. 8 was stiff, not moving at all. I needed to use flat head screwdriver and hammer to even move it from it's place. That was the cause of ignition cylinder wasn't possible to turn.

kemaster
22nd September, 2023, 03:09 PM
I always used ASP original wafers which my father bought like 15 years ago

https://www.clksupplies.com/products/ford-high-security-pinning-kit-hu101-a-18-111

It was high priced but now I understans why :) Perfect quality

I know what you mean I also use them (you can see part of the collection). So in this case you use wafers made by ASP? And they didn't fit well?

p1et
22nd September, 2023, 04:12 PM
No, noo. ASP are always perfect but I don't have hu101 ASP anymore. I bought some aftermarket chinese from my local supplier. I needed to strip a brand new door lock in search of new condition wafers, just to put every single one in this ignition lock... Becuase those aftermarket ones only 1 digit wafers fit correctly. I bought 10pcs of every wafer to have stock but I it reveal to be sh1t stock.

PS. Yup, nice collection :) I have big collection too, or rather my dad had. I found literally everything which is needed (and have a lot which are not needed, too old now or rare) :)

newone
22nd September, 2023, 06:19 PM
hu101 genuie waffers comes with no cost,when people bring original new locks for assembly they come with 3 waffers from each type,so by time passing you get with a lot of genuie wafers at no cost

musti418
23rd September, 2023, 06:41 AM
Yes fake wafers doesnt allign with key properly. Here are photos. Not are all stamped.

Edit:

Ok so some numbers fit correctly but '14' which suppose to be first doesnt fit completely. All those '1x' are bad, the ones with one digit '1', '2' etc fit correct. What a headache
hello P 1et. I am changing the front hood lock of Ford Cmax. As you know, they malfunction a lot. I buy the original ones, disassembled, there are many wafers inside, I use more than 50 of them, transit connect etc.

kemaster
23rd September, 2023, 09:22 AM
Servising Ford Dealer has its benefits :laugh::laugh::laugh:

p1et
23rd September, 2023, 03:45 PM
hello P 1et. I am changing the front hood lock of Ford Cmax. As you know, they malfunction a lot. I buy the original ones, disassembled, there are many wafers inside, I use more than 50 of them, transit connect etc.

Yes I know. I mean I rekeyed it only couple of times for mechanic who buy new set, so I always took remaining wafers for me but no stock left, now I have only aftermarket. It was my first use of them, I though they are good