PDA

View Full Version : Rachel lost with confusing sagem d-box2

RachelH
15th December, 2009, 03:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I am not a computer wizz, i'll say that now to avoid embarrassment for me later!

I have been given a Sagem d-box 2. My friend set it up for me and all channels were working fine, even if some of them were in weird bouquets! I've now moved it to another TV, and i've rescanned it, now only channels 1-5 actually work. I can see all the other channels but they just have no sound and no picture. I've tried changing the location but I think I've made it worse.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

RachelH
15th December, 2009, 04:52 PM
I've just noticed a similar post a bit further down the thread called 'channels but no picture' I'm having the exact same problem except I'm a complete newbie and have literally just been given the box - I don't have any previous experience with these boxes so I'm very lost. I hope there's someone out there who doesn't just see me as an ignoramus.

krazylegz
15th December, 2009, 05:09 PM
hi rachel welcome to DK :)

if you're in leeds as your profile says then unfortunately you wont get your dbox to clear channels as leeds has now changed to Nagra 3 encryption which isn't hacked :(

sorry to be the bearer of bad news

chroma
15th December, 2009, 05:39 PM
Hes not really, he loves giving bad news to people ;)

Hold on to your box though as there may be a fix sometime in the future, especialy dbox2's as theyre relatively easy to write software for.

Look on the bright side though, now you know whats going on and get to watch the hysteria unfold as everyone elses box begins to go down.

mickydibble
15th December, 2009, 11:04 PM
Yeh you have a slight head start rachel because if ever there is a fix, Dboxs and the like were seen as futureproof, because of they are Linux based. Bit like a computer. ;). Maybe a fix maybe not!? Welcome to DK. I guess soon the sat section will get busier.

xant14
16th December, 2009, 12:21 AM
As Chroma says, hold on to your box Rach, plenty of people would like to get their hands on your box if it's available.