PDA

View Full Version : VW - CECM - HOT BULB CHECK

DaBotta
29th March, 2019, 11:24 PM
Hello ,

Does anybody know if there is a way for turning off the HOT monitoring of bulbs on a VW CECM ( not BCM ) unit ?

If mounting LEDS for example on the FOG , High Beam , etc ... either you deactivate COLD check , when you use the lights the burned bulb warning will came out.

I know on the BMC's , you can modify from the eeprom the values , so you can turn off even the HOT monitoring.

It's there any way for doing this even on this olders CECM ? For example 3C0 , 3C8 , 1K0 etc.

Thank you

1 6 D
24th April, 2019, 11:59 AM
Older Bordnetz have some SMD resistors which can be changed, but not for all bulbs.

VeryFastSnail
25th April, 2019, 08:45 AM
So if I understand correctly you have changed bulbs to LED ones, right? And now you have burned bulb light on? If that's the case, I seen people add some beafy resistance to bulbs to increase current consumption to trick ECU to think its regular one, becuase ECU monitors current consumption for light and then lets you know if current is under curtain threshold, and your lights consume less current then threshold. :) but this is a wild guess.