PDA

View Full Version : T4 Experts......

PremierD
15th December, 2009, 08:38 PM
Helllooo brothers ... Todays problem is .. 2004 RangeRover .TD6... Second hand ECU .... And Dash ... Vehicle stopped running .... Guy was told ECU gubbed ... Got second hand one ...I changed over the EWS ID ... Car turns over ... but will not Fire up ... ECU faults .. No comms with Dash ... Question Does New/ second hand..ecu need to be configured to the Dash ... and how the Fcuk do I do it ..(and Yes I have T4) but never used it for this purpose....
All Advice welcome ...And as usual loads of thanks in advance.....

eepromRipper
15th December, 2009, 09:02 PM
you need to transfer the data from the old ECU to the new one by swapping the eeproms. That way you don't need to do any adaptation but if you don't want to swap eeproms you just get a diagnostic tool capable of doing control module adaptation

PremierD
15th December, 2009, 09:19 PM
you need to transfer the data from the old ECU to the new one by swapping the eeproms. That way you don't need to do any adaptation but if you don't want to swap eeproms you just get a diagnostic tool capable of doing control module adaptation

I've been there mate ....95p08 Swapped ....Car cranks so it must be Ok .... fault stored in ECU .... No comms with Dashboard... CAN fault ...ithink ... but the fcuker wont fire ...

Sam-F
15th December, 2009, 09:59 PM
If it is a bosch ecu you may have to swap the flash also some have a checksum from the eeprom to the flash

Meat-Head
15th December, 2009, 10:00 PM
I DO CARE (private joke with another member)

Assuming it's a diesell, just try unplugging the under bonnet aux heater
then check in the under bonnet fuse box, passenger headlight bit vauge 10 or 15 amp fuse blown, otherwise, might be wrong on the fuse thing!