unadkat
16th December, 2009, 02:15 AM
hi

Am pretty much a Newbie when it comes to the sat scene

Anyways 2 months back i got a 1m diseqc dish insalled

and I have 2 linux boxes

Currently I have the itgate 220 on cable tuner with V media of course

And an Open media 500CS connected to V media and the 1M motorised Dish

the guy who installed the Dish basically tuned the channels in for me as I couldn be able to do it

what was happening is that I was select lets 19.2 e however on that I could only manage to find 400 channels and this was same wit all the satelites

so I had to call him over again to Tune it in for me

when he does it... it located all the channels with any problems at all... he was using some next level sat finder which he connected to my box so that he knows where the dish is moving

Now I am running the Enigma image on the 500cs and the image does have a sat find built in but it doesnt seem to work

So is there an image which has a working Sat finder?

regards
unadkat

:wink:

kevin64
16th December, 2009, 06:58 AM
to find some sat you nead strong transponds other wise the motor woil just driver past them once you found them you nead to store them and then run a scan go to lying sat LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite (http://www.lyngsat.com/) and find a FTA transponder on the sat you are looking for then make sure your reciver looks for that sat with that tansponder you should find your sats then

unadkat
16th December, 2009, 05:34 PM
thanks kevin I will give it a try and see how I do

regards
Unadkat

:angel:

unadkat
16th December, 2009, 06:08 PM
to find some sat you nead strong transponds other wise the motor woil just driver past them once you found them you nead to store them and then run a scan go to lying sat LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite (http://www.lyngsat.com/) and find a FTA transponder on the sat you are looking for then make sure your reciver looks for that sat with that tansponder you should find your sats then

Would it be easier to do it via Usals?

regards
unadkat:devil:

Sicilian
17th December, 2009, 07:41 AM
Would it be easier to do it via Usals?

regards
unadkat:devil:

I'd say yes, if you look round you'll find loads of engima 1 motorised settings that you can send to your openmedia using dreamboxedit.