PDA

View Full Version : Belkin F5D4071 network adapter (homeplug).

wooper
16th December, 2009, 11:22 AM
Hello.

Bought two of these adapters, have one direct in plug socket downstairs, cable to router, one upstairs, cable to laptop.

Ethernet Link LED's both blink, this shows both plugs have connected. The router shows the laptop, but says speed of 0 k (zero). Laptop shows no connection to internet. These are supposed to plug and play, but no play here.

Have wirless to PC and laptop form same router (I dissabled the laptop wirless while I tried this), also internet connection for satellite box, protek, so internet does work (vermin broadband), it's just the 0 k speed, or not seeing each other, or laptop not internet connecting.

Any help please.

ManofScience
16th December, 2009, 11:41 AM
have u tried them together, downstairs for the same extention just to show that they work?

i'd do that first. do a factory reset on them, while they're plugged in next to each other. Also, disconnect other stuff while you test it. just have the router on connected to the first home plug the the laptop to the other one.

wooper
16th December, 2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks, am at work at the moment, so will try this tonight.

How do you factory reset them?? cannot see this in the manual.

One thing, have loaded utilty cd, click on utility icon, main tab shows homeplugs connected, but, dont see anything connected on the tab, even though router and flashing LED's says they are.

Will try again tonight in the same room.

Could you explain factory reset. thanks