PDA

View Full Version : Finding Lost Keys

PixelsFixed
8th April, 2019, 08:17 PM
Anyone else find it astonishing how often "customers" miraculously find their lost car keys shortly after you tell them, a) the price, and, b) that you require photo ID and proof of address?

Rarely more than half an hour.

sleepyrz
9th April, 2019, 12:14 AM
it happens all the time

twice today

camelgd
9th April, 2019, 01:24 AM
I have had people tell me straight out that they get a price quote as an incentive to keep looking for the keys.

comizelu
9th April, 2019, 07:09 AM
Happened just yesterday in my case!
After he heard the price..."Oooo"
"I'll keep looking for my key"
5 mins later he text me saying he found the key!
But no request of a spare one..

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

drugowaz
9th April, 2019, 07:31 AM
Same to me yesterday :D after i sit in car,a call that miracle happened somebody brought the key.as price for key and job was not small. New rav4

PocketHero
9th April, 2019, 09:28 AM
But no request of a spare one..

They never want a spare one in such cases. How do I think that they are so stupid that they'll lose their only carkey...
[emoji848][emoji37]

comizelu
9th April, 2019, 10:45 AM
Anyone else find it astonishing how often "customers" miraculously find their lost car keys shortly after you tell them, a) the price, and, b) that you require photo ID and proof of address?

Rarely more than half an hour.C)" I need a spare but I lost all my car keys"
D) "I lost all my car keys but the car is open" like it will be easier to make a key except for 5% of cars..

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

jodge
9th April, 2019, 01:03 PM
Yeah
- "i lost my only key but i broke my window. Now the car is open. How much is the new key and when will be here?"
- "Dunno, 2-3 days at least"
- Then why break my window if you don't come here immediately?"
- "Dunno it was your choice, why broke the window? Why don't call me first? Why do you make such things? Why i'm the bad guy bcose your stupidity?"

PixelsFixed
9th April, 2019, 09:17 PM
Even better than that is what I get with BMWs.

"I've lost my keys. I broke the window, but still can't get in."

smokey08
10th April, 2019, 12:59 AM
My favorite is when they call and say "You quoted me £XX for a spare for my car. I have now lost my other key and I need you to make me that spare key... Why is your price so much more than you quoted me 2 months ago??

whiskeyman
10th April, 2019, 01:58 AM
What’s worse is you drive miles and just away to arrive and they find key
fffsssssasake