PDA

View Full Version : 2003 focus instrument cluster and ids

obdmaster
16th December, 2009, 10:01 PM
Got customer with 2003 focus and mileage isnt displayed and abs and handbrake w/l. Comes on with no faults. Diagnosed cluster ?66+vat, cheap eh? but on back order. Was going to get local ford garage to program it but back order. So heres my question is it possible to program these instrument clusters with clone ids? And if so on what version. Ford garage as already said will lose mileage is that true or can you program mileage into new cluster with ids, ids clone. much thanks in advance

Meat-Head
16th December, 2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah, feeling of de ja vous, the milage will be zero, we had one last week same shit differant day, PremiarD and myself we talking about this in the ecu section, the one we had, (Meat-Head Motors) just plugged it in and took his money, phoned couple of repair places ?99+vat for repait ?69+ vat for new, 'not possable' to wind milage up, didn't go to fords, just plug and walked away.

The old clocks i have sat next to me, i'm going to change the two capictors sometime within the next 10 years for a laugh and see what happens.

obdmaster
17th December, 2009, 09:53 AM
Well my local ford dealer says must be programmed? Im quite friendly with them cant see them saying it, if didnt need it as anyone else had this? thanks in advance

PremierD
17th December, 2009, 03:06 PM
Well my local ford dealer says must be programmed? Im quite friendly with them cant see them saying it, if didnt need it as anyone else had this? thanks in advance

2003 mate ....24c16 eeprom ...with the data in it ..Change it to New/ second hand cluster .... should work ....

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 07:14 PM
2003 mate ....24c16 eeprom ...with the data in it ..Change it to New/ second hand cluster .... should work ....

Not going to argue with anyone, but the one i have is also 2003 and seems to just have NEC processer, but it involves using energy to LITTERALLY extend my right arm and check.

smirnoff_rules
17th December, 2009, 07:20 PM
lm sure ford r doing these for 100 pound all in fitted because off a known fault

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 07:45 PM
lm sure ford r doing these for 100 pound all in fitted because off a known fault

Yes that is the word on the street i have heard. Apparantly it was on watchdog, but i don't do telly, just Digital-Kaos!

smirnoff_rules
17th December, 2009, 07:56 PM
Yes that is the word on the street i have heard. Apparantly it was on watchdog, but i don't do telly, just Digital-Kaos!

this is before they agreed to do it for a ton

Ford is planning to review its complaint process after admitting it has been slow to act on a problem with sticking dials on Mk1 Ford Focus instrument panels.

The problem was highlighted on the BBC's Watchdog programme this week, following complaints from owners that the dials on their cars' speedometer were freezing. An estimated 130,000 Focus Mk1s were sold in 2003.

Ford has admitted that the units are failing because a printed circuit board fitted behind the instrument panel is corroding after four to five years, and has launched an investigation into how the problem was caused and how it can be rectified.

A spokesman said: 'As well has investigating a permanent solution to this problem, we are looking at ways to track concerns like this better.

'We received 120 calls about this problem, but because the cars were out of warranty we didn't pick up on the amount of complaints coming in as quickly as we would have liked. We would certainly have wanted to pick up on it earlier, so we could have found a solution sooner.'

The spokesman said Ford would only decide what action to take once its investigation was complete, but confirmed that the issue would not lead to a recall, because it was not safety-related.

He declined to comment on whether motorists who had paid for new instrument clusters, which cost ?350-?500 to be replaced at Ford dealers, would be reimbursed.

Motorists with faulty speedometers are breaking the law unless they are on their way home or to a garage, and are liable for a fine of up to ?1000.

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=smirnoff_rules;376276] the units are failing because a printed circuit board fitted behind the instrument panel is corroding after four to five years, and has launched an investigation into how the problem was caused and how it can be rectified QUOTE]

???? looking at the one next to me (with CLONE lexia 3 on other side) is would apperar to be something daft kind of fault like capacitor, or smegulator, SMD transister or something, nice to know what though.

PremierD
17th December, 2009, 08:20 PM
Not going to argue with anyone, but the one i have is also 2003 and seems to just have NEC processer, but it involves using energy to LITTERALLY extend my right arm and check.

If you do mate .... at the same time (muti task )Grab your camera and snap a pickie .....(of the cluster that is )....

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 08:25 PM
If you do mate .... at the same time (muti task )Grab your camera and snap a pickie .....(of the cluster that is )....

SERIOUSLY my camera is about 6" from my left knee, usb cable in box, batterys for camara on radator behind me, but if i'm going to get up to get the battery's them i'm going to go to Tesco.com, in the freezing cold and download a pizza for my tea. Whilst i'm out, what excatly do you want photographing?

PremierD
17th December, 2009, 08:36 PM
SERIOUSLY my camera is about 6" from my left knee, usb cable in box, batterys for camara on radator behind me, but if i'm going to get up to get the battery's them i'm going to go to Tesco.com, in the freezing cold and download a pizza for my tea. Whilst i'm out, what excatly do you want photographing?

One ..or both sides of the PCB mate ....

obdmaster
17th December, 2009, 08:42 PM

My local ford dealer gave me price done of around ?165, but he says if i take panels off and on he will fit and program for me for much less price. Dont want to say how much as customer maybe reading.

The question is do they need programming or not?

smirnoff_rules
17th December, 2009, 08:46 PM
My local ford dealer gave me price done of around ?165, but he says if i take panels off and on he will fit and program for me for much less price. Dont want to say how much as customer maybe reading.

The question is do they need programming or not?
l ordered one a few weeks back and the parts guy ( kieth ) said not to bother as they where doing for 100 quid . told customer as l couldn't of programmed it anyway and they did it last week for the 100 quid m8

chambers of sutton did it

obdmaster
17th December, 2009, 08:47 PM
ile phone ford in morning thanks for that m8

smirnoff_rules
17th December, 2009, 08:50 PM
ile phone ford in morning thanks for that m8

they had to programme the abs lights and things like that but they dont change the mileage , but u get a ford document say the mileage before and after

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 09:51 PM
they had to programme the abs lights and things like that but they dont change the mileage , but u get a ford document say the mileage before and after

oops, the bloke was a time waster thats rings everybody and his dog kind of guy, the bastard, even phoned Meat-Heatshire Ford service and handed me his mobile phone!

preimarD you said nothing about the photo quality.

OPW there is no password needed, no point passwording stuff to help other members.

smirnoff_rules
17th December, 2009, 09:55 PM
oops, the bloke was a time waster thats rings everybody and his dog kind of guy, the bastard, even phoned Meat-Heatshire Ford service and handed me his mobile phone!

preimarD you said nothing about the photo quality.

OPW there is no password needed, no point passwording stuff to help other members.

~~~~ me was u using a camera like this lol http://pem.nu/cms/uploads/images/old_camera_2.png

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 10:03 PM
~~~~ me was u using a camera like this lol http://pem.nu/cms/uploads/images/old_camera_2.png

Had the camara years, it does what i want to do!

Just remind me of them three words i'm not aloud to use, oh never mind,

just look at this awesome comment from another thread

Actualy, it is a legitimate procedure for unlocking seized ELV on MB sprinter model 906. :D
Maybe guys from Daimler would like to share some knowledge and learn some new metodes :viking: from MH?
Maybe even organize a advanced course in Meatheadshire?

smirnoff_rules
17th December, 2009, 10:04 PM
mh ,, l dont care

lol

PremierD
17th December, 2009, 11:21 PM
Your right mate ... I did't say anything about quality ....But the red Circle in the Blury bit .. is where the 24c16 ..or 24u17 (same thing ) should be .... (a bit of poetic licence required )... Holds the mileage ...and the data required too change to a new /second hand cluster ... (from the same model of course )

r6eck
18th December, 2009, 10:06 AM
Only 2003-2006 cluster has 24cu16 eeprom,strip needles off to get to it,earlier clusters have HC Micro
Pay your local mileage guy to do it....much cheepness

PremierD
18th December, 2009, 10:52 AM
Only 2003-2006 cluster has 24cu16 eeprom,strip needles off to get to it,earlier clusters have HC Micro
Pay your local mileage guy to do it....much cheepness

Yep ... But the post is about putting the original miles onto a new / secondhand one mate ....And through the Haze on the picture ..belive me its a 24c16 eeprom.....but thank-you for the heads up...:flowers:

PremierD
18th December, 2009, 02:05 PM

Just spoke to a mate with Clone IDS..(is there any other type)..... He can put original miles back into new cluster....

obdmaster
18th December, 2009, 02:40 PM
thanks for that, if i knew that few days ago, id of bought myself a clone ids, car is booked in now for monday at fords to program new cluster. Never mind so now another item on my list of things to buy, will this list ever end ?:goodpost:

smirnoff_rules
18th December, 2009, 02:42 PM
thanks for that, if i knew that few days ago, id of bought myself a clone ids, car is booked in now for monday at fords to program new cluster. Never mind so now another item on my list of things to buy, will this list ever end ?:goodpost:

did u get it done or a ton ?

obdmaster
18th December, 2009, 02:55 PM
Dont know yet m8 its booked in for monday so when i drop it off will ask m8. Thanks for all information very helpfull. After spoke with ford will let you know

Meat-Head
18th December, 2009, 03:10 PM
Just spoke to a mate with Clone IDS..(is there any other type)..... He can put original miles back into new cluster....

a) like op-com you can do things tech2 can't
b) every ford stealer inc meat-headshire ford are full of crap
but says on box "this os a prpgrammble module use WDS"

Should say "is programmable" but i dropped a bit of my 60p RTC tesco.com pizza on it.

r6eck
18th December, 2009, 08:48 PM
Dash with 24c16 are programable for mileage with ids,or if you can post a dump i will edit it for you,or swap the eep from old dash to new one :wink:

PremierD
18th December, 2009, 08:53 PM
Dash with 24c16 are programable for mileage with ids,or if you can post a dump i will edit it for you,or swap the eep from old dash to new one :wink:

Sorry mate ... Have you read the post from the beginning...? The state of play as I post is, the the original poster Has bought a New cluster and its going in on Monday to be programmed ....

But thank-you ..for the offer...

obdmaster
28th January, 2010, 04:50 PM
Remember that old focus cluster, well took it pieces and modified dump to 60,000km according to tachosoft. Dash doesnt display mileage so if someone could check it just for fun. Quick question because it says 60,000km in tachosoft would it read 60,000 miles or 37284 miles. Thanks everyone. just powered up dash managed to read mileage its 37284 miles on dash display

Meat-Head
28th January, 2010, 09:03 PM
cool, not forgot about this was only thinking a couple of days ago about it.

Worth for a laught doing what thick people do and that is spray the board with UB40 ( WD40) and it normally sorts it.

Sounds like the two caps have dried up, got an idenctiacal pair of some video monitor.

guessing next poster is either OPW or priemarD what has check the milage lol.

nutloose
29th January, 2010, 08:01 PM
just FYI
I had a cluster to fit in an 06 fiesta.
The update mileage function in the IDS menu worked OK. (on th original cluster.... I'm not that daft!)
The fkintwt car wouldn't take the new cluster though because of a VIN mismatch with the SRM. Which it didn't have and wasn't fitted originally.

If it had been fitted with the SRM it may not have recognised some of the words:banghead:

danielboom00
11th April, 2012, 11:51 PM
i have a problem with this car, how i read & write the 24u16???24c16 not is the same, i have digimaster II, ford km tool & eeprom programmers and i can?t to do...
some idea??

thanks

Meat-Head
13th April, 2012, 06:17 PM
i have a problem with this car, how i read & write the 24u16???24c16 not is the same, i have digimaster II, ford km tool & eeprom programmers and i can?t to do...
some idea??
thanks

danielboom00 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/307224-danielboom00/)

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/christmas_2008/reputation/reputation_green.gif

Hi there, welcome to DK the worlds best website, our jump lead swinging friend had an open thread about IN-correcting one of these.

Something about you could IN-correct with just 2 wires.

ON TOPIC:-

If a Focus dispalys "------" as milage, should we care about it, or send it on it's way as it didn't come in for it?

danielboom00
18th April, 2012, 10:07 AM
thanks Meat-Head but the Focus displays the milleage but i want to correct, & i can?t read....

Meat-Head
18th April, 2012, 02:19 PM
thanks Meat-Head but the Focus displays the milleage but i want to correct, & i can?t read....

Sorry, late back for work, use the search botton, there is a IN-correction thread on here *THINK* it was our jumplead swinging friends, i uploaded a programme to IN-correct the milage, you will have to use the search botton.