PDA

View Full Version : sky or not

jamespowell69
16th December, 2009, 10:06 PM
hi every one ive been a sky HD customer for 2 years and its been very problematic failed records dropped signal ect.But the final straw was when i lowered from the full package and couldnt access the films on my hard drive that i had paid for.They 1st said it was a fault then admitted thems the rules if i didnt up the package i cant view the films.My question is i have a dish on roof with 2 cables to the receiver and im thinking of getting something like the panasonic freesat blu-ray HDD recorder and connect up to the dish.Wil i be able to get unscrambled chanels like the eurovox my friend has.Any help before i spend my hard earned would be much apreciated:questionmark:

MxWill
16th December, 2009, 11:31 PM
you only get bbc hd and itv3 but they dont show many hd google the freesat website they list whats show you can manually tune luxe hd i wasnt impressed and going back to a sky sub me thinks

Sicilian
17th December, 2009, 07:44 AM
hi every one ive been a sky HD customer for 2 years and its been very problematic failed records dropped signal ect.But the final straw was when i lowered from the full package and couldnt access the films on my hard drive that i had paid for.They 1st said it was a fault then admitted thems the rules if i didnt up the package i cant view the films.My question is i have a dish on roof with 2 cables to the receiver and im thinking of getting something like the panasonic freesat blu-ray HDD recorder and connect up to the dish.Wil i be able to get unscrambled chanels like the eurovox my friend has.Any help before i spend my hard earned would be much apreciated:questionmark:

you'll get all the freesat fta channels. See link below: -

http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=whatson.Main

jamespowell69
17th December, 2009, 12:52 PM
thanks for ur input guys but it wasnt the answers i was looking.i was asking if it was possible to utilise my sky dish inputs and if there is firmware updates for other tuners like can be got for the eurovox that will unscramble the channels.I like quality equipment and unfortunately boxes like the eurovox work but dont scream quality.Any more advise would be greatfull thanks

satman
17th December, 2009, 01:14 PM
The answer as you have been told is No you cant.

jamespowell69
17th December, 2009, 10:26 PM
sorry perhaps the answer wasnt so black or white for me as im new and finding my round the jagon and terms.Ive set up a fair bit of home cinema and routed my share of cables and im always interested in inovation and good ideas.

Superman
17th December, 2009, 11:21 PM
You should have a look over at the dreambox section ;)

Super

Bulld0g
17th December, 2009, 11:25 PM
If he's only got a sky dish then it will only pick up Astra. As we know Sky is not hacked.

jamespowell69
17th December, 2009, 11:43 PM
i have a ladder i can always point it some where else but yes it will be at ASTRA at the mo.But i will wander over to the dreambox forum thanks.Just got a eurovox EX1100 USB for the girlfriend but its not playing nice at her house worked fine when i tried at my mates and ive tried every fix the site has and thats plenty

dick b
18th December, 2009, 01:45 PM
forget the sky dish get at least an 80cm dish stick it on a motor and with the right box (that will depend on what you want to view) you have hundreds of channels to watch.

jamespowell69
19th December, 2009, 07:36 PM
sounds like good advise have to be carefull though im in one of those areas where i was lucky to get the fixed dish without litigation lol.I was looking into motorised dish systems over 10 years back and the dishes were a tad bigger then and the systems temprermental.

dick b
20th December, 2009, 12:17 PM
modern motorised systems are really reliable now.I"ve had a technomate motor set up running for about 4yrs and its still as accurate as when I installed it. planning consent is no longer needed for one dish up to 1mt and one dish up to 60cm,providing you are not in a conservation area.

Superman
20th December, 2009, 06:57 PM
yeah no planning permission required so its all good.

supe

jamespowell69
22nd December, 2009, 12:05 AM
thanks for that folks and i believe the cost is much less now than years ago.I spoke to the local planning 2 years ago and they wanted me to get a planning aplication form which i would have to pay just to see if i could go ahead and let sky fit my dish even though if you read between the line it was legal any way with no fee.

DEMONACER
23rd January, 2010, 02:44 PM
forget the sky dish get at least an 80cm dish stick it on a motor and with the right box (that will depend on what you want to view) you have hundreds of channels to watch.

Go for a 1mtr mate.I wish i'd got another 1 instead of me 80cm and they only a tenner more.