PDA

View Full Version : Opel \ Vauxhall corsa airbag light

Liteace
17th December, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hi All, had to remove steering wheel today, followed the procedure for removal and install, started the engine and the kin airbag light went off for a sec and then came back on and stayed on. I re-checked everything including the nightmare cable cartridge behind the wheel and everything is ok, any ideas??

Thanks
Steve

Jose19
17th December, 2009, 01:07 AM
Hi All, had to remove steering wheel today, followed the procedure for removal and install, started the engine and the kin airbag light went off for a sec and then came back on and stayed on. I re-checked everything including the nightmare cable cartridge behind the wheel and everything is ok, any ideas??

Thanks
Steve
Hi

Make a diag and post default codes,
maybe you demage cable or plugs.

Jose

lupu_sandu
17th December, 2009, 07:31 AM
You disconnect battery before? If not you have an error for "High Resistance" at driver airbag.
Make a diagnostic and will go off.

Liteace
17th December, 2009, 09:15 AM
You disconnect battery before? If not you have an error for "High Resistance" at driver airbag.
Make a diagnostic and will go off.

Yep I did disconnect battery waited 1 min before touching anything and was real careful, it just always happens doesnt it. Think I'll change me job and be come a dustman,

more tips at xmas
only work half day
no stress
dont have to pay the snap-on man for the rest of your life
probably get the same if not more wages

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 07:20 PM
I'll change me job and be come a dustman,

A garbolgist (spelling?) can walk up to 20 miles a day, then in the summer, the smell is awful, but after a while your new collegues will be used to you, lol

racin-snake
17th December, 2009, 08:05 PM
the srs ecm should do a check of all systems before the light goes out
so therefore you have a fault
try reading codes again and go from there
there will probably be a fault in the spiral cable they are very prone

Liteace
17th December, 2009, 09:03 PM
I disconnected everything again then reconnected everything AGAIN and its fine now, so a connection problem somewhere

Jose19
17th December, 2009, 11:29 PM
I disconnected everything again then reconnected everything AGAIN and its fine now, so a connection problem somewhere
Hi

That is why i told you for check plugs to, all the time you need to be sure they are ok, many guys come to my workshop with that problem, this happens ....:ciao:

Jose

Liteace
18th December, 2009, 12:16 AM
Hi

That is why i told you for check plugs to, all the time you need to be sure they are ok, many guys come to my workshop with that problem, this happens ....:ciao:

Jose

Thanks for that, I have been doing this for like 26 years I do know how to push a connector together and then click down the locking tab, its what as known as sods law where i come from, the quick easy get it done, get paid, move onto the next one sometimes dont work as we all know. I can have a month of everything going to plan and then a whole week of everything not

Thanks anyway

Jose19
18th December, 2009, 12:38 AM
Thanks for that, I have been doing this for like 26 years I do know how to push a connector together and then click down the locking tab, its what as known as sods law where i come from, the quick easy get it done, get paid, move onto the next one sometimes dont work as we all know. I can have a month of everything going to plan and then a whole week of everything not

Thanks anyway
Yes,:goodpost:

Jose