PDA

View Full Version : vectra help

swainy
17th December, 2009, 02:03 PM
hi guys and gals any1 no how to get engin management light off my vectra its doing mi sweed in cant rev over 4.5 revs quite annoying when i get some peck in his corsa at the lights and he burns off into the distance any advice would help:angel::wink::wink:

jasbo7
17th December, 2009, 02:14 PM
you need to get it put on diagnostic box m8 to get rid of light and find the fault.....the car will have been put into limp mode thus 4500 revs to save further probs...get it checked m8

oldford
17th December, 2009, 02:41 PM
You need to repair the defective part or parts.
In order to find out what is wrong start by having someone read the diagnostic trouble codes.
Continuing driving with the problem may destroy your catalytic converter and those are pretty expensive.

MxWill
17th December, 2009, 03:08 PM
what engine ? but i would say cam sensor as it the most common fault also what year because you might not need a diagnostic machine to get the fault cod e out of i t

swainy
17th December, 2009, 04:07 PM
guy at garage put new cam sensor in but still same he say its the ecu can i put another 1 in with the same code printed on it

swainy
17th December, 2009, 04:08 PM
what engine ? but i would say cam sensor as it the most common fault also what year because you might not need a diagnostic machine to get the fault cod e out of i t
guy at garage put new cam sensor in but still same he say its the ecu can i put another 1 in with the same code printed on it

MxWill
17th December, 2009, 04:28 PM
did he change the wireing to the cam sensor aswell you could fit another ecu but i doubt its the problem but you need to recode it to the car with a tech 2 machine

smirnoff_rules
17th December, 2009, 04:31 PM
sounds like a faulty maf sensor to me .. disconnect and drive down the road and see if its different

dik
17th December, 2009, 04:34 PM
Almost certainly the cam sensor is still faulty, did he fit a genuine vauxhall one ? (I have given up fitting aftermarket ones as there is a 50% chance of buying a dud)

MxWill
17th December, 2009, 04:54 PM
Almost certainly the cam sensor is still faulty, did he fit a genuine vauxhall one ? (I have given up fitting aftermarket ones as there is a 50% chance of buying a dud)
100% agree with that statement

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 07:23 PM
When nobody is looking, start it up in carpark, rev it to the 4500 limit, then shut off engine, whilsit it is dying, turn ignion back on, if it now revs to 6000 or whatever it's the limpystick sensor, dude.

There are two types, right and wrong, gotta go my CLONE Lexia 3 is banging on the door.

Think one is hall effect, one is inductive.

alvec
17th December, 2009, 07:40 PM
Hi,

check out vauxhall owners network it has saved me a lot of money on my vectra as there are a lot of how 2's and freindly people who will help.

To find out how 2 read the fault codes without tech 2 machine search for paperclip test ,there are more than one sensor that can put it into limp home mode.