PDA

View Full Version : 2013 BMW F10 535i Odometer Questions

whtman58
18th April, 2019, 12:11 AM
I have some questions regarding a 2013 BMW F10 535i (Production is 2012-11-06).

I am pretty sure it has CAS4 but might be CAS4+ not 100% sure. I know to change the mileage correctly, you have to change it in the CAS4/CAS4+ module and also the KOMBI. My main question is that all I will need to change it in, so that I dont get any error or red dot? Also what are the best tools to do this! Would anything change if I want to retrofit the 6WA or 6WB KOMBI from a 2014-2016 BMW F10? Lastly if anyone in the US near North Carolina or in the surrounding states, like Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Georgia is able to do this please DM me would be easier if I just drive my car to someone with experience and have them do it instead of me!

Thank You in Advance!!!

whtman58
19th April, 2019, 03:59 PM
Ok I’ve figured out how I should go about this, so for the odometer I should use R270+ but for the CAS4 I should use X Prog 5.74 or VVDI Prog. Now my question is should o go ahead and do the same mileage in both, or make the CAS4 a lower mileage line 1000 miles and then make the odometer the mileage I want and then let it overwrite the CAS4 since it will be higher than the CAS4 mileage? Or is this another way to do this more properly? Thanks in advance!

rukartinatv
20th April, 2019, 08:32 AM
My suggestion dont tuck this car.
you need good programer for cas4 not r270 china )))
For dash you need good erazer .
Then you need. Bmwexplorer to do miles in o other 40 places .
and after that all dealer can find out any way.

krug
20th April, 2019, 08:30 PM
Just buy vvdi prog and adapter for 160xxxx eeprom and u would be able to do cas and kombi, but that about it. To do rest of modules u need as above Explorer not cheap for 1 of use, but good tool.
Good luck

whtman58
21st April, 2019, 06:35 AM
My suggestion dont tuck this car.
you need good programer for cas4 not r270 china )))
For dash you need good erazer .
Then you need. Bmwexplorer to do miles in o other 40 places .
and after that all dealer can find out any way.

Sorry should have quoted it better want to use R270 for just the cluster and then VVDI or X Prog for the CAS4! Main reason I’m doing this is because I tried to installed a used 6WA KOMBI cluster in the car and it had 85K miles on it while my car had about 70K miles on it! Didn’t know that if you put a higher mileage cluster it’ll overwrite the CAS4! So just trying to get it back to what it was before! Tried to get dealer to help since I took car in for oil change about 2 weeks ago and it had like 70.3K miles so they know I didn’t put 15K miles on the car in 2 weeks�� but they told me they can’t help!

whtman58
21st April, 2019, 06:36 AM
Just buy vvdi prog and adapter for 160xxxx eeprom and u would be able to do cas and kombi, but that about it. To do rest of modules u need as above Explorer not cheap for 1 of use, but good tool.
Good luck

So use the VVDI prog for both cluster and CAS4? I believe I have the 5M48H CAS4! Since I was planning to use the R270 for the cluster and the VVDI for just the CAS4!