PDA

View Full Version : Utility for TECH2 and PSG16

immokill
19th April, 2019, 11:15 AM
hello

does someone have this soft for 32mb card for extracting flash from psg16.
Utility for extracting / welding PSG16 OPEL files from TECH2 32MB card. With it you can extract calibration data form 32 MB card and after tuning file you can merge data back to the 32MB card .
regards

morgano
19th April, 2019, 06:10 PM
I guess people just cut it manually with hex editor.

mancioks
21st April, 2019, 05:22 PM
Manual work always.

morgano
22nd April, 2019, 12:55 AM
Manual work always.

Do you know if offsetts in 32Mb file are always same? Or is needed make some kind of search inside the pcmcia image to find the ecu dump?

If you give me some clues i can code a little app to automate the work. ;)

mancioks
22nd April, 2019, 07:57 AM
I think for each tipe ecu offset in pcmcia is different, but if find it one time for psg16 it will be always there. I had only done psg16 and edc15m and start was in different places. :)

morgano
22nd April, 2019, 10:40 AM
If you can post link with a pcmcia image with psg16 dump and its offset i make little tool to extract and reinsert psg16 dump into it. ;)

morgano
23rd April, 2019, 01:12 AM
I think for each tipe ecu offset in pcmcia is different, but if find it one time for psg16 it will be always there. I had only done psg16 and edc15m and start was in different places. :)

Hi mate.

Thanks for sharing the PCMCIA image and its locations. As promised here is little tool.

I hope everybody likes it.

Super easy to use, just 2 buttons, one Export that makes you choose PCMCIA image and after validating it extracts the readed PSG16 dump and writes it in the same folder of the tool. The other button is Import, makes you choose two files, one is the PCMCIA image you want the PSG16 dump inserted in, and the other is the modded PSG16 dump to be inserted, after validating produces new PCMCIA image in the tool folder. By default uses .bin extensions, but you can manually select any file regardless of its extension. And everytime it produces a file overwrite the old one without asking, so be careful with this ;)

immokill
23rd April, 2019, 02:01 PM
Thanks you so much mate that is what I was talking about

Thanks

Regards

morgano
23rd April, 2019, 03:39 PM
It is very simple app, but functional anyway ;)

Glad you liked it.

mancioks
23rd April, 2019, 03:42 PM
Hi mate.

Thanks for sharing the PCMCIA image and its locations. As promised here is little tool.

I hope everybody likes it.

Super easy to use, just 2 buttons, one Export that makes you choose PCMCIA image and after validating it extracts the readed PSG16 dump and writes it in the same folder of the tool. The other button is Import, makes you choose two files, one is the PCMCIA image you want the PSG16 dump inserted in, and the other is the modded PSG16 dump to be inserted, after validating produces new PCMCIA image in the tool folder. By default uses .bin extensions, but you can manually select any file regardless of its extension. And everytime it produces a file overwrite the old one without asking, so be careful with this ;)

Nice to cooperate, i think it will be usefull for all :)

morgano
24th April, 2019, 10:19 AM
Nice to cooperate, i think it will be usefull for all :)

lol, 17 downloads but people still resist to comment and press the Thanks button. :)

pugbug
6th September, 2019, 01:08 PM
Very useful tool, take out the work of manually editing, it doesn't appear to work for saab pcmcia? Maybe I'm doing something wrong

vabankas25
1st January, 2020, 11:13 PM
It is very simple app, but functional anyway ;)

Glad you liked it.

I was wondering theres is a chance to download it? I cant download it to sad.

morgano
2nd January, 2020, 12:55 AM
Sure, when you’ll become an active member sure forum will let you download.

The updated version is here

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/744242-TECH2-PCMCIA-card-dump-management-utility-for-PSG16-and-EDC15M

Probably SAAB psg16 dump is at different offset than OPEL. That is why tool failed for SAAB. But can add SAAB support if someone give correct offsets.

Regards,

vabankas25
2nd January, 2020, 08:52 PM
Thanks a lot :)