PDA

View Full Version : fiat punto 2001 ecu 1.2 8v ecu repair

obdmaster
17th December, 2009, 06:06 PM
Ive downloaded info from 1.2 16v thread about repairing 1.2 8v ecus (magneti marrelli). My question is how to open them. Another member said " Dont open the ECU by screws. You will kill the ECU.
Drill with a 8mm Drill the 4 stouds you see in bottom of ECU,after open it slowly,will be glued,so pay attention and be carefull.
After you have only to solder a bridge in the ECU as shown in the picture below"

But i dont know which four studs he means, any help greatly appreciated.

armpower
17th December, 2009, 06:55 PM
Please post the guide you have found.
I've opened two of this ECU.
In the first one i've damaged the ecu because the top cover went away with the connection.
You have to drill the 4 pins at the corners of ecu.
You must recognize them because appeard like a melted plastic circle.
After that you have to carefully lift the plastic cover with a small screwdriver or blade.
In the second ecu i've used a Dremel like tool with small cutter disk.
If you careful take a look at the ecu cover you can find where the plastic cover is glued.
It's difficult to explain and my english is so poor.
Hope this help.
If i'll find the ecu i'll take some pictures.

obdmaster
17th December, 2009, 08:37 PM
the guide is in this post m8
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f114/fiat-punto-1-2-16v-ecu-swap-68874/

If anyone has pictures of how to open ecu please post much thanks in advance

armpower
18th December, 2009, 07:39 AM
Tomorrow i'll search the ecu and i'll try to take some photos.

obdmaster
18th December, 2009, 02:57 PM
AS ANYONE GOT ANY PICTURES FOR ME, ON HOW TO DISASSEMBLE THESE ECU,S. LOTS OF THANKS IN ADVANCE.:sheep:

PremierD
18th December, 2009, 03:07 PM
By fcuk mate ..how come you get all these easy jobs then...(just lucky I guess)

obdmaster
18th December, 2009, 03:11 PM

me lucky. you got to be joking m8.:angel:

Meat-Head
18th December, 2009, 03:11 PM

Yeah i agree Meat-Head Motors had a Pug 205 and Golf 3 in the other day.

obdmaster
18th December, 2009, 03:19 PM
Well just done engine management fault on Y22DTR vectra b . Brake light switch. Now that is what i class an easy job:flowers:

teuton
18th December, 2009, 04:53 PM
Well just done engine management fault on Y22DTR vectra b . Brake light switch. Now that is what i class an easy job:flowers:
Don?t say this whith reagars to an S4 where you got to remove halfway the entire dashboard just to get hold of the sucker.

obdmaster
18th December, 2009, 05:02 PM
ok then guys im in, the ecu seems full of some sort of goo, whats this? Are the yellow things on side in picture transistors? Is it the earth to these that goes as in picture. is it ok to join the loops (outside of the goo) from earth to loop going in yellow thing?

oh yeh you get in by drilling the 3 plastic circles on the side of ecu where plugs go in. There in line in the centre of unit, then you break the seal with a blade and slowly lift off cover being carefull.

cars
18th December, 2009, 09:13 PM
What problem you had with the ECU ?

obdmaster
21st December, 2009, 10:11 AM
one of the pulses to one coil is missing m8

cars
25th December, 2009, 09:29 PM
Usually the problem is due to software that blocks the command of the coil, and not a hardware problem. The first Magneti Marelli CPU IAW 59 protects the final output through the software and the only solution was to replace the CPU.
I repeat this type of problem was only first IAW 59 next versions will burn the final output of the CPU because of faulty coil which changed its resistance.

obdmaster
26th December, 2009, 02:45 PM
Usually the problem is due to software that blocks the command of the coil, and not a hardware problem. The first Magneti Marelli CPU IAW 59 protects the final output through the software and the only solution was to replace the CPU.
I repeat this type of problem was only first IAW 59 next versions will burn the final output of the CPU because of faulty coil which changed its resistance.

So the instructions i was given was a load of bull? there attached to one of my previous posts.

Please can someone have a look and give me back a little information?

:giveup: :giveup:

cars
26th December, 2009, 09:17 PM
This information I have been given by a person who much prepared, his job is to solve problems and teaches at Bosch.
Open the CPU, as you saw, it's dangerous I recommend to replace CPU with a review by Fiat, which perfectly new is not seen working outdoor, but the price is half.
5 minutes to replace it,with + key contact the CPU learns the immo code automatically.
Allow to warm the car until the start of the fan.
Bring the engine to 5000 rpm and held for 3 seconds then return to a minimum, this consegutive this 3 times to turn off MIL light flashing (learning phonic wheel).
I recommend checking and replacing the coil is not controlled.
For me this is the most secure and fast!

obdmaster
29th December, 2009, 12:57 PM
This information I have been given by a person who much prepared, his job is to solve problems and teaches at Bosch.
Open the CPU, as you saw, it's dangerous I recommend to replace CPU with a review by Fiat, which perfectly new is not seen working outdoor, but the price is half.
5 minutes to replace it,with + key contact the CPU learns the im*o code automatically.
Allow to warm the car until the start of the fan.
Bring the engine to 5000 rpm and held for 3 seconds then return to a minimum, this consegutive this 3 times to turn off MIL light flashing (learning phonic wheel).
I recommend checking and replacing the coil is not controlled.
For me this is the most secure and fast!

So you reccomend a new ecu , which is what ive always done before "the instructions " got posted ?

banjuska
31st December, 2009, 02:10 AM
IAW_49F.B4 immo off

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/328186260/IAW_49F.B4_95040.rar)

Jose19
31st December, 2009, 02:22 AM
IAW_49F.B4 im*o off

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/328186260/IAW_49F.B4_95040.rar)
Hi

Post more details of what you are posting,please.

Jose

MOUTRO
2nd January, 2010, 08:08 AM
IAW_49F.B4 im*o off

Check your Rapid-share Link it is not good

Jose19
2nd January, 2010, 08:21 PM
Check your Rapid-share Link it is not good
Lol....
The link is not dead....
Only can be download 10 times, and already have gone....

Dreamer
2nd January, 2010, 08:30 PM
Can someone please re-upload the file so others can get it. Thanks

obdmaster
3rd January, 2010, 12:26 PM
DOES ANYONE HONESTLY KNOW HOW TO FIX THESE UNITS WHEN THE EARTH PULSE TO A COIL GOES DOWN? BACK AT WORK TOMORROW AFTER MY LONG XMAS BREAK AND THE GUY WILL BE PHONING . ALL IVE MANAGED TO DO IS REMOVE COVER!:giveup::giveup:

Meat-Head
3rd January, 2010, 01:10 PM
DOES ANYONE HONESTLY KNOW HOW TO FIX THESE UNITS WHEN THE EARTH PULSE TO A COIL GOES DOWN? BACK AT WORK TOMORROW AFTER MY LONG XMAS BREAK AND THE GUY WILL BE PHONING . ALL IVE MANAGED TO DO IS REMOVE COVER!:giveup::giveup:

Short answer is no. #Work on the theroey it is ~~~~ed, otherwise it would be on the car not in your hand. If he took it to fiat, they would have
just replaced it. Tell the bloke you spent hours on the internet on the best site in the world (don't mention DK's name) and 'some more time' on another site (10 mins on ebay - worth checking other stuff shows up like that).

There was conflicking information on removing the lid and repairing it, so you after some more time you managed to open the lid only to find the OPW who's advise you followed was the wrong repair information, tell the punter he has 3 choices

1) Send away to ecu shop for repair (might be refused cos it been opend)
2) Look on the internet himself, get the info, you upload here (1st) then
do it (2nd)

3) Use for door stop/landfill

kvazi
6th April, 2010, 01:48 PM
I have this problem too :( From time to time the engine wind up and then deaf (Fiat Punto 1,2 L 8v 2001), computer diagnostics show an error P0351 (malfunction of the primary / secondary circuit of the ignition coil "A"). After reading many forums on the Internet came to the conclusion that it ECU. How can I repair this? Or only new ECU? Thanks

androlega
1st July, 2010, 08:47 PM
Same problem with Punto SX 1.2 2001
Can someone please re-upload the .doc file so others can get it. Thanks

Nnannos
20th June, 2016, 07:47 PM
My punto mk2b from time to time shows error p0351, I have replaces spark plugs, hit leads and coils for safety but it does this once in 3 months

karl Martin
14th February, 2019, 10:25 AM
I kmow it is a old question but I also know that this is probably the best automotive site in the work so I guess it may worth a try.

I've tried to open IAW 59F-M2 Fiat Punto Ecuand i've broken the pins. Someone know if i can solder ordinary wires in order to repair the ECU?
Thanks in advance