PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 307cc mileage correction: instrument cluster pcb/module disassembly

jaykay86
21st April, 2019, 12:26 PM
Hey guys,

I would like to ask you for your support with fixing wrong mileage in the instrument cluster. I have a Nec dashboard programmer and UPA with NEC adapter and already found the pinout for the built-in "upd 780973" in the forum.
My actual problem is that i am not sure how to seperate the module from the rest of the instrument cluster since the servos or rather the indictator needles are in my way. I'm not sure if the needles can be pulled off or how to go on without damaging anything...:crushed:

I attached a few pictures of my cluster and hope that you can give me a small hint, because I don't want to damage the cluster.

Thank you very much:tears_of_joy:

evss
21st April, 2019, 12:47 PM
ok been a long time but im sure last time I took the needles of I prised them upwards I use a household fork and a piece of paper to protect dash front.
if I remember rightly the circular cover pops off the needle and slides down the needle to remove , the a pair of long nose pliers gripping the top of the needle and pull the up and away from dash. when replacing place the circular top onto the needle (sometime small dab of superglue) and place dash back in car. power up to ignition and replace needles back on .

it makes sense when your doing it .

evss
21st April, 2019, 12:48 PM
dont forget you need to do bsi as well

sagie
21st April, 2019, 04:09 PM
use two spoons and remove needles upwards

kizagt
21st April, 2019, 08:06 PM
Hey guys,

I would like to ask you for your support with fixing wrong mileage in the instrument cluster. I have a Nec dashboard programmer and UPA with NEC adapter and already found the pinout for the built-in "upd 780973" in the forum.
My actual problem is that i am not sure how to seperate the module from the rest of the instrument cluster since the servos or rather the indictator needles are in my way. I'm not sure if the needles can be pulled off or how to go on without damaging anything...:crushed:

I attached a few pictures of my cluster and hope that you can give me a small hint, because I don't want to damage the cluster.

Thank you very much:tears_of_joy:

just turn needles on left side and push up