PDA

View Full Version : A Suggestion what do yall think?

^^TommyTee
17th December, 2009, 09:38 PM
Hi all

I would like too see a Electronics Section in here

with subsections ie.. components... pcb,s etc etc

any chance of this ?

mickydibble
18th December, 2009, 11:52 AM
Think it is a good idea ;) very interested

Devilfish
21st December, 2009, 07:36 PM
An interesting idea. :)

I would like to see what other people think though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st December, 2009, 08:02 PM
go for it.

chroma
21st December, 2009, 08:55 PM
Id love to see this.

tomhick024
21st December, 2009, 10:19 PM
Def would be interesting and would be a busy section I would think!!!!

Bulld0g
21st December, 2009, 10:22 PM
Well like most things, i know ~~~~ all but i think it would be a good addition and if you want to learn theres no better place than here

^^TommyTee
21st December, 2009, 10:38 PM
Well like most things, i know ~~~~ all but i think it would be a good addition and if you want to learn theres no better place than here

same here bd

im very interested in learning electronics programming

schematics pcbs

i beleive this would be a very active part of the site

very grateful for all your comments THANKYOU

lets see if this can be made possible

i for one will be a regular contributor too this

im very keen too learn

regards Tommy :wink:

The Best Site Around ....Potential is infinate!

no bullshit ...all sharing all caring my kind of people .....

cunny
23rd December, 2009, 07:52 AM
I think this is a great idea, dont know allot about electronics so would like this secion, maybe some guides on things, looking forward to this.

.: JaCkPoT :.
26th December, 2009, 12:30 AM
Bump, i think we need a slightly more general opinion.

gazz10
26th December, 2009, 12:46 AM
I think the electronics section would be a waste, just like the linux that never took off.

What are guys going topost in this section where u can get R45 cheap etc, Am sure all electronics stuff will e cover in sections already on forum, well maybe apart the rabbit,.... You know what i mean i have issue whith tv i put in there, i have issue with sat its there.

As for a 14 year old to bump it ( you still 14 ) well if ur anything like my 14 year old its in bits , and all comfy bits are in bin .

http://www.resistor-color-code.com/color-code-chart

theres a resistor chart for those that want to start, if stuck for parts go to local maplins, or radio shack

prutserjo
26th December, 2009, 05:10 PM
I'm very interest in repair :bounce:hardware von PC, TFT and LCD monitors, autodiagnose, and special : faults, results and schematic to make it self
gr prutserjo

chroma
28th December, 2009, 03:35 PM
I think the electronics section would be a waste, just like the linux that never took off.

What are guys going topost in this section where u can get R45 cheap etc, Am sure all electronics stuff will e cover in sections already on forum, well maybe apart the rabbit,.... You know what i mean i have issue whith tv i put in there, i have issue with sat its there.

As for a 14 year old to bump it ( you still 14 ) well if ur anything like my 14 year old its in bits , and all comfy bits are in bin .

Resistor color code chart (http://www.resistor-color-code.com/color-code-chart)

theres a resistor chart for those that want to start, if stuck for parts go to local maplins, or radio shack

Off the top of my head, things i could post are:

Basic:
Soldering guides (tips on tinning, desoldering etc)
PCB Fab guid, tips on acid etching and UV etching
Theory rundown, What components like transistors, resistors, diodes, capacitors are for and how to spot them on commercial gear. How to use multimeters, ocilloscopes etc.
SMD work.

Advanced:
Schematics for boards (most of my schematics are for HAM/CB/PLL work) however im sure more people will have schematics for commercial boards, like dreamboxes, dboxes, starviews etc.

Projects, like custom built valve amps (pull push amplifiers) simple radios (transmitters and recievers) diagnostic boards...
Antennas (to boost wifi like cantennas, helix, double quads, parabolics) would work for Satellite for instance.
Linear amplifiers (for preamping signals like cable, satellite, radio, wifi etc)
Attenuator boards and noise suppressors.
MIDI interfaces.
Even down to stupid, pointless, useless stuff that just looks like it would be fun to build and try out.

The list is endless and as varied as users could concieve.

Ive not done any real electronics work or projects in years, not since my radio days, but theres still loads that could be contributed thats either too general or specific to be contributed in any other sub forum.

Even if it goes down in flames, so what? atleast it was an attempt, its better to have tried and flunked it than to always wonder what if.

Devilfish
28th December, 2009, 11:13 PM
So what could we have in terms of section headings?

Analog
Digital

etc?

Or just one section to start with?

SatSearching
29th December, 2009, 01:04 AM
How about something along the lines of "home domestic electronics" to start with covering a wide range to judge interest?

Good ideas from chroma though, but add to this the idea of repair tips for brown and white goods in the home?

SS

cgscott
29th December, 2009, 01:08 AM
DIY Electrical Engineering?

tomhick024
31st December, 2009, 03:15 PM
DIY repairs/electrical items.
Would have been handy last night, had to take apart my icemaker in my side by side, Whirlpool fridge freezer last night, couldn't do without ice for my cider, its working away nicely today!!!;)

Must have a look at Dishwasher next, not heating the water! Hope its the heating element rather the control system!!

drawflex
15th February, 2011, 08:52 PM
i reckon it could be a brilliant idea....

from a begginners perspective, i'd recommend to start with basic electric/electronic theory and then components_and_their_applications, and a digital vs analogue tutorial.... would save lots of explaning time, before moving onto the more clever stuff.

loving the idea of a microelectronics section.

reddevil157
15th February, 2011, 10:24 PM
Very good idea, and as drawflex say's , a few tut's, but in very simple english for ppl that don't have a clue, like myself lol.

Lainie
16th February, 2011, 03:24 PM
id like a beauty boutique please.

patkins
16th February, 2011, 11:23 PM
Anything that enhances the greatest website in the world,DK, has my backing and where possible, my imput.

jcgrumbles
18th February, 2011, 11:49 AM
great idea,im always mucking around in my garage trying to make use of any old electrical items ive found,and ive an interest in anything elecronic along with a deft ignorance that always seems to end with a few black fingers and mrs grumbles screaming at me that coronation street has gone off again,lets go for it