PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview v8 Beta Firmware (05102008)

stroner
12th September, 2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks to the Authors:champions:

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview v8 05102008 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-v8-05102008-346/)
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview_26092008 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview_26092008-339/)
Digital Kaos - Downloads - kryptview firmware 120908 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-firmware-120908-326/)

enjoy

Donnie Darko
12th September, 2008, 05:31 PM
Last time they released a new firmware like this,every other box fell over a week later,lol.

kenmonu
12th September, 2008, 06:17 PM

Digital Kaos - Downloads - kryptview firmware 120908 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-firmware-120908-326/)

enjoy

cheers ronster, by the way looks like kermits enjoying himself.

gassi_b
13th September, 2008, 09:26 PM
HI, I know firmware 120908 is beta, but for the people who already have it, how stable is it so far? Thanks

delboy13
17th September, 2008, 11:42 AM
i have 3 boxes at home trying them turn by turn.i am using stdepg as the other gives me half a days epg only.but with stdepg i get a couple of progs first on daily guide then have to wait maybe a minute then the rest start to appear. 2 boxes seem good so far but 3rd is still having probs with losts of pic breakup it was ok when i flashed but after a bit of time maybe half an hour pic breaking up

4321max6
25th September, 2008, 10:08 PM
so hard to find the sofwatre i want...

stroner
25th September, 2008, 10:52 PM
Kryptview 26092008
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview_26092008 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview_26092008-339/)

Please note this is a public beta release.

As always, lots of changes have been made - lots of features therefore may have still have minor issues.
A follow up release will take care of these as they arise.

Changes:
-------

- EPG: All files merged into one! No more seperate UK/Irish or StdEPG/PvrEPG now.
- EPG: Irish Extended Event Information should now work.
- EPG: Reminders fixed.

- Scanning: You can now press the RED button on the remote when asked for Network ID.
This will make the box find all TP's instead of just those for the selected Network ID.

WARNING:

This may result in duplicate channels in some areas.
If you know your Network ID you really should choose it.

- Scanning: Full channel names is not available on some ~~~~ channels.
These now use a short name to identify them.
- Scanning: No longer searches all other TP's for NIT data.
It slowed down the search and did not seem to find extra TP's.
If this causes any problems then we will add it back.

- Removal of some data channels.

- Some internal bugs fixes (NIT and EPG processing)

************************************************** ********************************************
IMPORTANT: A FACTORY RESET IS REQUIRED AFTER FLASHING THIS FILE OR YOU MAY GET CHANNEL BREAKUP
************************************************** ********************************************

There are still some known issues with the firmware, that is why it is still classed as BETA.

A new update is expected in about 2 weeks to fix a few known bugs.

makis
26th September, 2008, 06:36 AM
my dm is working fine withthis soluttion

Arno92
27th September, 2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks mate is a wonderfull firmware

chuckles53
5th October, 2008, 05:25 PM
New firmware out today you can get it from the bigmac toolbar under files and fixes then arnet kryptview.

stroner
5th October, 2008, 07:27 PM
new firmware 05102008 Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview 05102008 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-05102008-346/)

tomahawk
22nd October, 2008, 03:25 PM
can you tell me if i need to factory reset before installing ne firmware.as it is saying fail. can anybody talk me throw it, thaks tomahawk.:trytofly:

pacman362
25th October, 2008, 11:26 PM
Tried this firmware and it seems to have a bug !! on ex-TW the boxes freeze with only 1 digit showing on the box's display ? a power off is required to get it back again then 3 hours or so later same again ???? I have reverted back to the earlier firmware and all is well again (i hope).

wooper
31st October, 2008, 11:54 AM
Pacman, which firmware do you think best? as am ex telew

pir8dvd
2nd November, 2008, 06:25 PM
thanks for the new firmware

abs786
6th November, 2008, 03:14 PM
cool, this works better then previous f/w

bash2004
9th November, 2008, 02:44 AM
Some of the vendors are selling ArnEt as KryptView without the software. On complaing, they tell you that only the hardware is under guarantee!

I hope the download from this forum work.

antis
10th November, 2008, 02:04 PM
Hi guys new to this what is the best software download for a Arnet A700C

Cheers

antis

antis
10th November, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hi guys new to this, every time I try to download software to my new Arnet A700C box, the loader says "downloading not requested"

Would be very grateful for any advice from out there

Cheers

antis:

ifan123
12th November, 2008, 05:27 AM
hi new in here and loving it already! of the topic question . not really use to forums so please forgive wanted to ask if you live in a non digital area and get broadband does that mean i cud watch digital tv eg eurovox etc... thank you like i sed exellent work!

redsfan1975
15th November, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hi guys new to this, every time I try to download software to my new Arnet A700C box, the loader says "downloading not requested"

Would be very grateful for any advice from out there

Cheers

antis:

I'm having the exact same issue, come on techno wizards help us out on this.

I've factory reset, cleared all channels, got rid of all previous firmware from PC, downloaded new loader, still no joy.

aaarrrggghhh.

I bet it is something simple, or is it just me that is simple

delboy13
16th November, 2008, 01:49 PM
are you doing it this way
unplug box from mains press download on software then plug box in to mains should work

stroner
17th November, 2008, 08:42 AM
download not requested is a com port problem

are you using a seriel port or a usb converter cable

you'll need to go into device manager and adjust your com port settings

redsfan1975
22nd November, 2008, 08:43 PM
I have been getting the download not requested message as said before.

Following the advice given, I have tried to download to the box as all the instructions say:
By clicking start uplug from mains, and plug back in

By unplugging from mains, click start, then reconnect to mains

By clicking start, press red button on remote twice, then standby button on remote.

None of these methods have worked for me, has anybody got any idea where the problem lies, or do I just need a new box?

I have tried it for a friend and his box accepted the download with each method.

I hope someone can hlep meout on this, there is almost a kryptview shaped hole in my lounge window.

Cheers

C64
22nd November, 2008, 08:53 PM
This is the worst box I've ever owned :(

UK tuner my ARSE!

It's easy enough to setup but apart from that it's a piece of shit.

:)

thewizardofodds
25th November, 2008, 05:34 PM
I have been getting the download not requested message as said before.

Following the advice given, I have tried to download to the box as all the instructions say:
By clicking start uplug from mains, and plug back in

By unplugging from mains, click start, then reconnect to mains

By clicking start, press red button on remote twice, then standby button on remote.

None of these methods have worked for me, has anybody got any idea where the problem lies, or do I just need a new box?

I have tried it for a friend and his box accepted the download with each method.

I hope someone can hlep meout on this, there is almost a kryptview shaped hole in my lounge window.

Cheers

same here. tried every variation with no joy. checked,changed com ports loads too.

shaf786
27th November, 2008, 01:25 PM
going to download will review later thanks

harrykim
27th November, 2008, 04:24 PM
ok thanks to all

bitchmonkey
27th November, 2008, 07:42 PM
i am reading all these threads and now i am all over the place, i have arnet which was working this morning, now i know i need the new keys but do i have to then connect to the box via pc and get a file into the machine?

if this is the case can someone please tell me what software i need and what file is required to send and i will give it a go.

tim417
27th November, 2008, 07:57 PM
:manuscarf::manuscarf: brilliant hope this sorts it. Thanks

Fspiders
27th November, 2008, 08:01 PM
This 5th October update will not update the keys from the 27th nov hit.

thewizardofodds
28th November, 2008, 12:26 PM

do you know who the authors are?

yozzer
28th November, 2008, 12:50 PM
any idea when there wil be a fix for the nov 27 hit mate ?

thewizardofodds
28th November, 2008, 12:58 PM
any idea when there wil be a fix for the nov 27 hit mate ?

when someone writes one.