PDA

View Full Version : Lottery Winner Misses His McDonald's Pals

thommo
26th March, 2008, 02:12 AM
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1663522.jpg

A man who scooped ?1.3m on the Lottery has returned to work - flipping burgers at his local McDonald's.

Luke Pittard, 25, walked out on his ?5.85 an hour job 18 months ago after becoming a millionaire.

But money can't always buy you happiness.

The man dubbed the "McMillionaire" has discovered he misses his pals at the Cardiff branch of the restaurant too much to give up work.

"I loved my work at McDonald's before I won the money, and I'm really enjoying being back there again," he said.

"There are so many familiar faces that it was like coming back to a group of old friends."

Luke, who enjoyed an expensive wedding with his girlfriend Emma in November, said a life of luxury was not for him.

"To be honest, there's only so much relaxing you can do. I'm only young and a bit of hard work never did anyone any harm," he said.

"Lots of my old McDonald's workmates came to our wedding and I had kept in touch with them all the time, so I just thought 'why not go back?'."

Luke will be working 15 hours a week, earning ?87.75.

Wife Emma said: "We both really enjoyed working at McDonald's and still have good friends there, so it was really familiar for him and something for him to look forward to."

IS THE GUY MAD OR WHAT? I'D BE OFF AND EVEN IF I DID MISS MY MATES ID BUY A FRANCHISE OFF THEM AND EMPLOY MY MATES, I WOULDNT GO BACK AS A DOGS BODY.

shortyball
26th March, 2008, 01:39 PM
he sure is daft, im sre if has alot of his cash left the interest alone is more than he will be getting paid.

Someone bought what used to be a burget king in hull and reopened it called burger knight. So do that or something constructive with his money