PDA

View Full Version : Networking Problem

redgriffin
12th September, 2008, 02:50 PM
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my problem. I have a home network set up, cable ISP to router with 3 PC's attached. Everything is fine and working, until my son tries to log in to MSN messenger, when he does, the whole network goes down. I lose connectivity on one or both of the other machines, and I have to reset routers, modems uninstall network adaptors etc, to get it all back again. Why should this be? I have tried logging in to MSN messenger on a different PC, on the network without any hitches.

davemac82
13th September, 2008, 08:16 PM
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on my problem. I have a home network set up, cable ISP to router with 3 PC's attached. Everything is fine and working, until my son tries to log in to MSN messenger, when he does, the whole network goes down. I lose connectivity on one or both of the other machines, and I have to reset routers, modems uninstall network adaptors etc, to get it all back again. Why should this be? I have tried logging in to MSN messenger on a different PC, on the network without any hitches.

check the date and time on the stated computer if its incorrect it could knock the connection off also check area country region on router this can also cause problems hope this helps m8

redgriffin
14th September, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I didn't resolve the problem I posted above, ended up re-loading a different copy of windoze and messenger, it's all ok now! Wonderful world of Gatesville!:goodpost:lol

CRAZYDEVIL
14th September, 2008, 05:57 PM
hi, first puts the PC's with ips fixed and at the places where it has dns server put ip of the router, I never had problems. I hope I have helped.