PDA

View Full Version : BT HOME-HUB AND FIFA 10

vtorres
19th December, 2009, 12:27 AM
I have the latest bt home hub 2.0 and fifa, the homehub works great with cod6 and any other game apart from fifa10 whenever trying to connect to a head to head game it fails and also when trying to invite a mate it doesn't connect either but when playing online team play it works perfectly, please help !

undercoverjamil
19th December, 2009, 12:14 PM
r u on about pc games, cos if u downloaded the games free maybe one has a problem

vtorres
19th December, 2009, 12:24 PM
Nope on a ps3.

undercoverjamil
19th December, 2009, 12:35 PM
oh well on ps3 i have never come across a fifa 10 difficulty. sorry but cant help u m8

caveman_nige
20th December, 2009, 05:32 PM
if its a BT homehub thingy have you contacted their tech support, i am sure they must have come across this issue before..

vtorres
20th December, 2009, 05:37 PM
Yeah i have but they said they could not connect to my ps3 so they could not help cavemannige can you help me on the other thread because i think i havent fowarded the ports correctly.

caveman_nige
20th December, 2009, 05:39 PM
take a screen shot of your port forwarding screen as you currently have it and post it in this thread.. edit the jpg first to remove any personal info that may be visible etc..

HoTTDubbER
20th December, 2009, 05:39 PM
if its a BT homehub thingy have you contacted their tech support, i am sure they must have come across this issue before..

make sure your NAT setting is set to open access you can change this inside your router settings

just put your router ip into browser login and itll all be in there

that should solve your problem

vtorres
20th December, 2009, 05:43 PM
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3540/snapshothc.png

caveman_nige
20th December, 2009, 06:16 PM
who told you to use those settings btw? I do not do internet gaming so i do not know why you would need to have some of these ports forwarded.. do games require you to forward https to your host device?

i.e. 6000 is a tcp port if you want udp use 6001 and 14500 is normally used for trojan access

HoTTDubbER
20th December, 2009, 06:19 PM
who told you to use those settings btw? I do not do internet gaming so i do not know why you would need to have some of these ports forwarded.. do games require you to forward https to your host device?

i.e. 6000 is a tcp port if you want udp use 6001 and 14500 is normally used for trojan access

nope u dont need 2 forward ports ,you can if u want 2 be efficient and have a busy network but generally no
this kid shouldn't have 2 forward ports just to play fifa on ps3

vtorres
20th December, 2009, 06:19 PM
In the gamer manual it recommends these port setting

TCP : 80, 443, 9980-9989, 14500-14559, 42100

UDP : 9570, 3659, 6000

Have i entered them correctly ?

vtorres
20th December, 2009, 06:21 PM
I do have to forward the ports as on bt home hub 2.0 theres a firewall and certain ports have to be opened aka the ones i have just shown or else the online features wont work like now.

HoTTDubbER
20th December, 2009, 06:28 PM
I do have to forward the ports as on bt home hub 2.0 theres a firewall and certain ports have to be opened aka the ones i have just shown or else the online features wont work like now.

BTs abit shit then really ive not known any network or router where u have to forward ports in order to play a ps3 game

most people don't know what a port is let alone how to get into there router

ok so forwarding ports works but ur telling me theres no simple fix for this other than forwarding ports ?

if not seems like a big screw up on BTs part

vtorres
20th December, 2009, 06:29 PM
It is i just want someone to verify if the ports i have entered are entered correctly or is the trigger protocal supposed to be what the original protocal is etc ?

caveman_nige
20th December, 2009, 06:30 PM
have a read of the info in this link... it seems these homehubs suck when it comes to this but these guys seem to have pout soemthing together that may help..

Home Hub How Tos - 3 (http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/howto3.html)

this should also be useful http://www.filesaveas.com/bthomehub_portforwarding.html

vtorres
20th December, 2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks for researching it up mate but i just want to know wether the ports are entered correctly if anyone knows ?

caveman_nige
20th December, 2009, 06:40 PM
well its your kit mate, you had better learn how to work it... do the reading and you will be able to answer your own questions.. bear in mind that most people on here are vm customers and use different kit.. Another member may know more about these routers, but unfortunately they are not online so its up to you to find out how to work your own hardware. I have given you the links to the homehub config/help sites, I hope something in there is useful..

Until a member comes along that has a BT connection using a homehub 2.0 and has fifa 10 on their PS3 then your out of luck... that person will be able to verify those settings but you may see a blue moon first...

vtorres
20th December, 2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for all your help caveman and trust me the links u have sent i have read before over and over again. I just am lost and i do not know what to do ill just wait.

Thanks for your help.

caveman_nige
21st December, 2009, 01:00 PM
Hey, no worries, I can appreciate your wanting to get it sorted and move on, your desperation was noted by all your pleads for help in the chatbox with links to this thread etc.. I hope you get it sorted, if you do be sure to post the screenshot with the correctly configured ports for other guys who may be in the same situation as you..

vtorres
22nd December, 2009, 04:22 PM
Will do, sony said the best option would to be putting the ps3 into DMZ, it has made a slight difference as i can play more games but sony said that the problem is due to the online gamers moving to cod and that has left the servers jammed or something like that.

Reapers
25th December, 2009, 08:42 PM
here you go :)

Fifa 10 Port Forwarding Using Bt Hub - Electronic Arts UK Community (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-sony-playstation-3-microsoft-xbox-360/835132-fifa-10-port-forwarding-using-bt-hub.html)

vtorres
26th December, 2009, 12:12 AM
Thanks mate it looks like port forwarding still does not solve the issue !

Reapers
26th December, 2009, 02:07 AM
do you have a firewall or sometype of nat on?

vtorres
26th December, 2009, 02:37 AM
Nat 2 and firewall is on default but even when turning it off it makes no difference.