PDA

View Full Version : 500S and Gemini

NineLives
12th September, 2008, 10:31 PM
Does the Gem image still kill clones? Or has that been fixed now?

^^MaXiMo II^^
12th September, 2008, 10:37 PM
why use gemini ????????
here mate
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/nabilosat-enigma1-darkstar-ii-dm500-6991/

NineLives
12th September, 2008, 10:44 PM
why use gemini ????????
here mate
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/nabilosat-enigma1-darkstar-ii-dm500-6991/

Cheers for that but I still need to know if the Gem kills boxes or not?

portbhoy
12th September, 2008, 10:46 PM
Yes mate it will leave you unable to access the blue panel, there was a patch but I couldn't honestly tell you if it worked as I wasn't stupid enough to try. Best advice is the previous post ;)

krazylegz
13th September, 2008, 12:01 AM
why do people ask so much about gemini???

they are personally my least favourite dreambox image, theres nothing special about them, even after what they done to peoples boxes people still want to use them......beyond me??

you wont find a better looking image than a nabilosat and also has one of the best addon servers too

durasoft
14th September, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hi,
Ive put Gemini 4.20 into what i think may be a clone and its working fine.
Ive seen 2 boxes now that look identical to an original inside and outside the box, even info on the board but it killed them both.
Be Warned mate :(

I agree the nabilosat image is agood one for the DM500s.

Regards T

spectra
14th September, 2008, 09:56 PM
Here's the problem with telling people not to use Gemini still!!!!!

I have had gemini 3.6.0 and untill Friday since it came out 4.0.0 because thats what someone taught me to use when I wanted to learn C/S im sure my box is a clone as well fortunatly i never installed 4.2.0! I finally plucked up the courage this Friday to install different imagesand all have been a pain!

Eagle v4 doesnt have inadyn installed you got to do it manual not got that knowledge Nabilsat V8 wouldn't install cam properly and the highly rated DarkstarII which has everything I need has decided not to recognize 28.2e / 1w or 4.8e from my saved bouquetts installed via dreamboxedit instead 28.2e it thinks is 28.4e and I have to do total transponder scan in order to get channels that I know if I revert back to Gemini will work perfectly but what do you do Bouquettes changing is a pain and what if I change image again and this time it dont recognize 28.4e and wants me to go back to 28.2e!!!

Im seriously think of trying Gemini 4.4.0 or going back to 4.0.0 cos at the end of the day everything worked fine with them!!!

Any thoughts?

Curious123
14th September, 2008, 11:20 PM
I really liked the look of Darkstar II but had the same problem as yourself. Until recently I have always been a fan of the Pli images but than my Digitv stopped working so I thought I would try Nabilo v8. This image worked really well even with all the card sharing although recently the plugin for checking the cardsharing has stopped working but I know the cardsharing is working so not too bothered really with the plugin.

spectra
15th September, 2008, 01:52 AM
I really liked the look of Darkstar II but had the same problem as yourself. Until recently I have always been a fan of the Pli images but than my Digitv stopped working so I thought I would try Nabilo v8. This image worked really well even with all the card sharing although recently the plugin for checking the cardsharing has stopped working but I know the cardsharing is working so not too bothered really with the plugin.

Well that seems to have sorted my problem Nablio v8 doesnt disregard 28.2e channels and C/S all working fine thanks curious.

zeroprobe
15th September, 2008, 10:14 AM
The patched one works fine. I've had it running for weeks on my clone.

psats
15th September, 2008, 08:35 PM
The patched one works fine. I've had it running for weeks on my clone.

were did you get this patched version from.?

zeroprobe
16th September, 2008, 10:27 AM
Search for this

GP440_DM500_mv_xd_without_bomb

psats
16th September, 2008, 05:24 PM
Search for this

GP440_DM500_mv_xd_without_bomb

thank you.......

KaosBaby
17th September, 2008, 03:25 PM
Gemini image from 4.30 up might affect clone DM 500, use image 4,2. or less

shadow28
18th September, 2008, 05:42 AM
Hi all,

I would like some advise as I am getting two DM500s clone units, one will be running what ever image that it comes with (configured to connect to card server) while the second one is the test unit which I intend to try out new images.

I will be using the dreambox for Measat 3 91.5E, and they have recently changed to NDS Videoguard. A bit of search on the internet reveal that CCcam v2.09 works best.

My question is that which image (Gemini, Nabilo, etc ) works best with CCCam?

Also I have a valid subscription card and if I wish to share my card out from the first box to the 2nd box (solely for education purpose) any pointers of where I can find more info?

Many thanks :-) Hope to learn more and contribute back ...

psats
18th September, 2008, 06:36 PM
Hi all,

I would like some advise as I am getting two DM500s clone units, one will be running what ever image that it comes with (configured to connect to card server) while the second one is the test unit which I intend to try out new images.

I will be using the dreambox for Measat 3 91.5E, and they have recently changed to NDS Videoguard. A bit of search on the internet reveal that CCcam v2.09 works best.

My question is that which image (Gemini, Nabilo, etc ) works best with CCCam?

Also I have a valid subscription card and if I wish to share my card out from the first box to the 2nd box (solely for education purpose) any pointers of where I can find more info?

Many thanks :-) Hope to learn more and contribute back ...

just dont use the new 430 gemini as it will kill your box
im useing pli@iolite its running ccam very well

:)