PDA

View Full Version : Swarf in the finger

Jimmy07
8th May, 2019, 06:20 PM
I was talking to an old hand last year who was anal about swarf from cutter getting into your hands. I thought he was exaggerating till today.

Have a bit buried deep in a joint on my finger to the point I can’t see it and top of finger is numb combined with electric shocks when stretched out

Another day of this the Stanley knife is coming out..................... 🗡🗡

rapidlocksmiths
8th May, 2019, 11:53 PM
man up fella , common injury that teaches us good housekeeping and correct PPE . wait till you get a piece in the eye which is also common injury resulting in an unpleasant trip to eye hospital .

good housekeeping , correct ppe helps but isnt foolproof and easily ignored especially when rushed

camelgd
9th May, 2019, 12:41 AM
I had to have a piece dug out of my right eye about 7-8 years ago. Doctor dug it out with a syringe needle, told me "Don't move until I tell you or you could lose your eye." I make sure I have my goggles handy now, I had glasses on when it happened.

Jimmy07
9th May, 2019, 07:29 AM
Had the steel in the eye a few times with angle grinder. Freeze your eye, then pick it out with a needle it’s nasty. Just where this one is must be on a nerve while top of my finger is completely numb. If it comes near the surface it’s getting hacked out

Mjolinor
9th May, 2019, 07:33 AM
Had the steel in the eye a few times with angle grinder. Freeze your eye, then pick it out with a needle it’s nasty. Just where this one is must be on a nerve while top of my finger is completely numb. If it comes near the surface it’s getting hacked out

Use a jack hammer, that way your genes don't get passed on.

Jimmy07
9th May, 2019, 07:45 AM
-Mjolinor

“Use a jack hammer, that way your genes don't get passed on”

You left yourself open for a comeback there fella but I’ll not embarrass you lol 😂

Meat-Head
9th May, 2019, 07:48 AM
On topic:-

CAUTION FULL OF ADVERTISING, select reader view

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/electrician-left-two-keys-lodged-13560132.amp

guy tripped on kerb leaving screwfix and ended up with two keys fitted in his hand

nazz2
9th May, 2019, 03:04 PM
I heat up the tip of a needle which i have to kill the germs!, then under magnifying glass with the built in light, i gently dig it out, always win.

Jimmy07
9th May, 2019, 03:14 PM
In too deep Nazz might have to go down the Stanley knife route fs 😥

rob h
9th May, 2019, 06:43 PM
Carefull, you might get a bit rusty:rofl:

Jimmy07
9th May, 2019, 07:12 PM
I’ll keep collecting swarf under my skin then when I pop my clogs it’s off to the scrapyard instead of the cemetery 🤗

camelgd
10th May, 2019, 12:20 AM
If you do cut too deep, duct tape works well, had a 57 chevy trunk bite my thumb to the bone. Small piece to pull sides together,then a couple of wraps with regular size and you're good to go.