PDA

View Full Version : BMW E36 M50B20 advice

Paulyvon97
10th May, 2019, 09:26 AM
Hey guys , i`m new here and a want to learn about ecu programming . I`m pretty familial with mechanical work but have no experience what so ever with remapping . I have this E36 with the 2.0 non-vanos ( m50b20) which i`m prepping for hillclimb racing . The driver is a begginer so the local regulations limit his vehicle power to 180 hp. The m50b20 have 150 factory horses , and i want a maximum 30 horse increase . Of course i know that being a na engine 30 horses out of remapping is impossible so i ported the head and used a ticker head gasket ( earned 16 cmc) . Anyway , i want to remap the ecu to make use of the mods i did on the engine and also to start learning about this whole thing about remapping . The engine got only 3 sensors ( and 2 of them read the engine speed and the other one is the airflow sensor ) so i think is a good platform to start learning. Can you guys point me where to look for the injection map ? What software you recomand using to modifying maps ( currently have winols) ? What software do you use to flash the ecu(can you do it with impa ?) ? Thanks a lot and i hope i`m not just another annoying newbie