PDA

View Full Version : R4 SDHC Upgrade Problems

narge
19th December, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hi People,

I've unknowingly purchased a fake R4 for my nephew as xmas present, an "R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution for DS" however the kernal from the makers website www.rsi-sdhc.com downloads at 6bytes a sec!! I've looked for 3rd party sites with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

smirnoff_rules
19th December, 2009, 03:15 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f64/newbie-guide-set-up-r4-card-65485/ have a read here and look in downloads http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/dlcat-ds-21/

sabrinaob
19th December, 2009, 06:41 PM
Narge.did u solve that problem as I have just got an R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution card for Nds and I cant get it to work either...I have bought R4 cards for the Ds before with no problems with settin them up,,, this time I received an Upgrade card even though I didnt ask for it,it seems im having problems with the software as I just get a menu message with a ? on the top screen...
If anyone has solved this problem could they please let me know..My head is wrecked...

buzzking5
19th December, 2009, 08:28 PM
did it come in a box if so read tyhe web:devil::devil::devil: address if not sent me the detaills on the card...thanks

toe2toe
20th December, 2009, 01:14 AM
Try different kernels, I tried for ages with one fake and eventually got the gold version to work, even though it was for a different card.
Just make sure you have the right web address as even a "-" can make a difference to the type of card

5ilky2742
29th December, 2009, 05:07 PM
I have tried to download games and software onto the above card from a friends CD Disc. He used this succesfully with his R4 card but it wont work on the upgrade version. Can anyone help?

ninolino
30th December, 2009, 12:40 AM
Each r4 (fake or original) requires its own kernel. So you have to download it from the site indicated on the packaging of the card. Useless to try kernel other manufacturers ... never work.

emsibub
3rd January, 2010, 08:01 PM
Narge.did u solve that problem as I have just got an R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution card for Nds and I cant get it to work either...I have bought R4 cards for the Ds before with no problems with settin them up,,, this time I received an Upgrade card even though I didnt ask for it,it seems im having problems with the software as I just get a menu message with a ? on the top screen...
If anyone has solved this problem could they please let me know..My head is wrecked...

Im having exactly the same problem! Driving me round the bend, did you get it sorted?

emsibub
3rd January, 2010, 08:03 PM
Each r4 (fake or original) requires its own kernel. So you have to download it from the site indicated on the packaging of the card. Useless to try kernel other manufacturers ... never work.

So if the kernal for the specific card doesnt work ive got a faulty one? the site from the box wont work, i have also bought a R4 SDHC upgrade Revolution

RATTYNATTY
3rd January, 2010, 11:01 PM
me too!! I cant get my upgrade one to work either! helllp!

babycat
5th January, 2010, 11:15 AM
i cant get mine to work either and i downloaded the software off the site that sold it to me.i had one last year that worked perfectly and they upgraded the kernel that wont work with the new one-when i contacted them they said "oh it should work better you must have a cheap memory card when i bought it off them!!

stuart2uk
15th April, 2010, 07:51 PM
heya yeh i got the card last week and having problems finding the right kernel for it any suggestions. ?

lild1243
15th August, 2012, 12:13 AM
i have the r4 sdhc revolution (the fake version) and the website on the box has been deleted or moved can anyone help?