PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Astra H Ignition Barrel.

Galee
13th May, 2019, 06:50 PM
Hello guys I want to change the ignition barrel and a Vauxhall Astra H van 2008 most guides I have seen have said remove wiper stalk and there is a pin you press when in position 1 or 2. I can not see the said pin so today I have taken the steering wheel airbag ect off and took the steering lock off but stiil can find any pins to press to release the barrel. I see there are some pins that have been punched in in the back do these need to be drilled out and replaced?

p1et
13th May, 2019, 07:08 PM

Take little flat screwdriver and push in the hole when key is turned to position 1 or 2 (or somewhat between them). In this hole there is little spring which need to be pushed and in the past I also have problems to remove barrell even though I knew what need to be done. Sometmes it's just a little bit tricky, depend what tool you try to push it. And when key is turned, try to firmly pull out barrel because it won't just pop out easily like in old Vaux ognitions.

Galee
13th May, 2019, 08:07 PM

Take little flat screwdriver and push in the hole when key is turned to position 1 or 2 (or somewhat between them). In this hole there is little spring which need to be pushed and in the past I also have problems to remove barrell even though I knew what need to be done. Sometmes it's just a little bit tricky, depend what tool you try to push it. And when key is turned, try to firmly pull out barrel because it won't just pop out easily like in old Vaux ognitions.

Got it! Thank you very much for the detailed reply most helpful.

Thankshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190513/33844502e1eb8dcbf8cb6d093289f488.jpg