PDA

View Full Version : Peugeout Partner 2003 fuel and temperature issue

McDowell
14th May, 2019, 12:25 PM
Hello mates,

I have a Partner Dash Jaeger with problesm in the needles, They are in the correct position on bench (glued), but on the car the fuel one goes too full and goes down very slowly giving bad reading (BSI has correct fuel readings).

Temperature goes to 3/4 o and remains there.

I donīt know if you guys have had a similar problem with these, I have only seen bad physcally needles before.

Maybe is from a different part of the car.

Thank you very much inadvance

evss
14th May, 2019, 02:31 PM
what do the needles do when the engine is cold and ignition is on?

normally when I do these I make a note of the position before removing the dash from car (ign running and off) then when mileage complete put dash back into car running and loosely replace needles in the same position. then remove from vehicle and press them down, support rear of motor while doing it.

did the shafts come out with the needles? if so they may not be seated back correctly (usually tell if needle is jerky)

hope it is of some help

McDowell
14th May, 2019, 03:01 PM
what do the needles do when the engine is cold and ignition is on?

normally when I do these I make a note of the position before removing the dash from car (ign running and off) then when mileage complete put dash back into car running and loosely replace needles in the same position. then remove from vehicle and press them down, support rear of motor while doing it.

did the shafts come out with the needles? if so they may not be seated back correctly (usually tell if needle is jerky)

hope it is of some help

Thanks for your reply, I do not have the car. On bench they go to position 0 correctly.

So on bench I power it on and it looks like in the picture.

Thanks a lot

evss
14th May, 2019, 04:33 PM
don't really know what to suggest till you see how they move in vehicle it is possible they need positioning again, once had a nightmare with a berlingo many years ago where it took 3 or 4 attempts to get them right customer kepy coming back lol