PDA

View Full Version : ford fusion screen

bonehead
20th December, 2009, 04:14 PM
hi all i have a 57 reg ford fusion,problem is fast clear screen only works on one side(pasenger) which is a pain only nopticed it since weather turned cold,any ideas as to how to fix this,ie is there a fuse if so where is it
cheers

cactikid
20th December, 2009, 04:32 PM
maybe a new screen then,ouch.

Meat-Head
20th December, 2009, 06:36 PM
I 've just flagged some geezer form autoglass down, and he said that if you get a crowbar or something and prise the trim from round the edge of the window, there is a good chance the edge of the glass has gone white where the contacts has come off the inside of the glass.

He also said they don't like changing windows for the hell of it, so check your insurance excess and tell them it got twatted by a stone, just one twat with a twatting stick will be fine.

Worth ringing a few independants and pricing the job up, 'Meat-Headshire Windows Ltd' priced one at ?170+vat fitted the other day into mondeo!

Enjoy

jasbo7
20th December, 2009, 06:51 PM
cheers meat-head my mates just bought one of the fusions....one to watch for

bonehead
21st December, 2009, 09:48 PM
cheers for that,its only down on one side,piggin passenger,if driverside worked it would be no prob,oh wheres the ammer

cristec
21st December, 2009, 10:32 PM
Hi the windscreen is fused separately on the right and left hand side, fuses are in the fascia mounted fusebox 42 is for the LH side and 43 is for the RH side, they are both 30amp (green).
As it is fed independently, it could be a burnt plug and socket, that feeds that side of the screen if the fuses are OK.

HTH

bonehead
23rd December, 2009, 12:40 PM
cheers for that m8i will have a look at that,fingers crossed lol

bonehead
2nd January, 2010, 05:10 PM
just checked , been on hols only got one fuse in fuse box switched it to other side woopee drivers side now works just need get a 30a fuse cheeper than a screen

cristec
2nd January, 2010, 07:54 PM
Glad you got it sorted out.

Meat-Head
2nd January, 2010, 08:10 PM
Glad you got it sorted out.

Odd you getting something wrong!

No YOU sorted it, the user just did what you said and you found the fault!

Bit like the other day at M-H-M, non start car, that STUNK of flea bitten dog, the young boy did what was told to do and i was correct in every which way, but did he sort it, or did i sort it (he had no idea what to do)!