PDA

View Full Version : Sbb 48.88 Clone

Andr33iy98
23rd May, 2019, 09:31 PM
Hi,
After some research I found that is the most suitable tool for rookie users, It work with renault , ford, vag group, opel until year 2015 ? Users who poses such a tool can give me some advice, is it good enough to programm keys and find out pin codes for a plenty of cars ? I found a good price on aliexpress.

arosta
23rd May, 2019, 11:35 PM
Its pretty ok for some older cars. But if you want toola which you will do lot cars beetween 2008-2015 you need to spend tousends of $$ and you still will need more to cover more cars. You can always buy cheap clones and be a cheef of cooking cars if you know whati mean. And knowladge and research is more important than tools. You shouldnt ask here about that programmer coz it is proof that you are rookie. Every proffesional should know everything about tool which want to buy. In other case you can even damge cars

Andr33iy98
24th May, 2019, 01:20 PM
I want to programm transponders ( for people o have just one key), find out the pin code ( for those who do not have any clue about that pin, this is needed for accesing programming panel I think :), also to program remote control. I want for now for renault dacia 2008, ford focus 2008, vw golf 5 year 2009.
Should I go for AD900 V 3.1 CLONE VERSION or should I stay with sbb 48.88 ? I am interested in Europeans car most. I find out that sbb is working only 98-02 for Eu ford focus and 08 for America version, they are compatible ?
Thanks in advance.

rapidlocksmiths
24th May, 2019, 01:49 PM
for 2009 golf if wanting to code by obd you will need far better tools than all you have mentioned and a much larger investment , on these its not enough to read the pin code , you must also find and write the precode data .

if you only want to do spare keys , then you can buy a good cloner like rw4 plus with m box , keyline mini or ultegra , keydiy kdx2 , handy baby , vvdi key tool etc , but suitable diagnostics will still be required if you also want to code remotes , like zedfull , advanced diagnostics smart pro , abrites , vvdi2 etc .

if it was possible to do later cars on a shoestring , we would all be doing it already .

you really need to work out the coverage you hope for , ie makes , models and years , and fit the correct diagnostics around this .

a good start is to read the forum , many threads exists already for most tools , so the hard work has been done for you , all you need do is search and read .

i suspect you will need to spend far more than you had planned just to do the cars you listed especially a 2009 golf , if looking just at the bargain basement tools and clone tools , then get yourself some seriously good insurance , you will probably need it when a car gets ducked.

Manta1600
24th May, 2019, 01:55 PM
If you want to start the mininum that you will need

ZEDBULL
SKP900 or Super SBB2
mini KD

with them you can make a lot of cars, but dont expect miracles

sleepyrz
24th May, 2019, 04:14 PM
I want to programm transponders ( for people o have just one key), find out the pin code ( for those who do not have any clue about that pin, this is needed for accesing programming panel I think :), also to program remote control. I want for now for renault dacia 2008, ford focus 2008, vw golf 5 year 2009.
Should I go for AD900 V 3.1 CLONE VERSION or should I stay with sbb 48.88 ? I am interested in Europeans car most. I find out that sbb is working only 98-02 for Eu ford focus and 08 for America version, they are compatible ?
Thanks in advance.

how do you plan on cutting these keys????

how many keys have you programmed so far??

Andr33iy98
25th May, 2019, 01:09 AM
No cutting for now, I programmed golf 4 2001 year and astra g 2000 edition with vcds/ opcom

Andr33iy98
25th May, 2019, 01:13 AM
I do not want to clone key because if the transponder get damaged all cloned keys will be gone for nothing, I want to programm chips( transponders) and adapt remote controls to work on cars.

super jumbe
25th May, 2019, 02:11 AM
No cutting for now, I programmed golf 4 2001 year and astra g 2000 edition with vcds/ opcom

If you are going serious to become locksmith be prepare to mortgage your house very expensive business to start and depends how much knowledge you have.

rapidlocksmiths
25th May, 2019, 11:15 AM
if you are not going to cut the keys then how will they be any use to the customer without a key blade ?

for remote controls adaption and for transponder coding by obd you need to consider a tool like mvp pro , smart pro , zedfull , lonsdor , xtool etc

if wanting to do a 2009 golf and most vag after 2008 you will need tools like abrites or vvdi2 for good coverage or the likes of supervag for cheaper coverage , you wont be doing these cars with sbb clone.

you will have to invest in better kit than sbb clone , it has its uses but very limited now. tools like obdstar , lonsdor , xtool , im100 , im600 have their issues and limitations but offer better coverage than sbb clone. even fvdi gives you options but get insurance to cover bricked cars if new to this

kronk92
25th May, 2019, 12:56 PM
welcome to the sinking ship ...

camelgd
26th May, 2019, 12:25 AM
welcome to the sinking ship ...

The lifeboats will be for those with good mechanical skills, the key programming will be Dealer, do it yourself, or phone salesman.

Andr33iy98
26th May, 2019, 12:48 AM
Most of them have mechanical key, I will cut them, but I thought I will cover most cars until 2010 with sbb 48.88 . I need for ford focus 2008, renault-dacia 2006 for now. But I want to cover a wide area of vechicles to do in the future

sleepyrz
26th May, 2019, 02:49 AM
well thats not really gonna happen for 100$

Andr33iy98
26th May, 2019, 05:13 PM
but what about a tool like xtool, t300, all around 200 $

Matronix
26th May, 2019, 05:27 PM
Xtool and T300, you are summing up tools that do about the same stuff in the same league, just above SBB but not that much extra. If you pay little, don't expect to get much. I'm relatively new and already have some of the Abrites tools official (don't use those blindly, you brick stuff sooner as you may think), TMPRo (not used to be honest), VCDS, OpCom, FoCom, Autel IM608, Handy Baby, KD X2 (all official and some also used for my diagnostic business) etc. Besides that I do indeed af a suitcase full of other china clones as a back up for the older cars. But as stated above, is is feeling your way around and adding tools as you go along... which will cost you a sh$tload of money . Not to speak about all chips, ready to go keys both mechanical and with fob, key cutting tool(s) etc. It is really not 'just something to try'... do it or don't but read your eyes out and build a knowledge base before deciding you will really do this.

Matronix
29th May, 2019, 09:17 PM
Well and there you have it.... got my SBB 48.88 in as I wanted to see if it could be and extra backup for older cars... hooked it up on my own Vectra C and the thing starts to smell and smoke. Boots up though. Steering wheel sign on the dash and maintanance sign... key out, bloody thing taken off, and no start. Ready to pop out my testers but then car started again with no direct signs of any issues left so far (phjew...) . Reviews were 100 good 5 star ones, but I will never ever hook this one up on a car again. This is the risque of these tools, you may end up with a misproduction of this cheap stuff.

Hopefully no more damage is done to my loyal Opel #cough cough* since I had put in a fresh engine just last year so not ready to say goodbye just yet.

Ecuprog31
30th May, 2019, 12:45 AM
Yeah SBB

Super Bad Tool

Dave1985
30th May, 2019, 04:42 AM
price of SBB is cheap,and other tool higher than SBB
You get what you pay for!!!

Andr33iy98
1st June, 2019, 03:55 PM
What about vag409 for vw group ? Strictly for odemeter correction.