PDA

View Full Version : the box channels freeze

dougal58
14th September, 2008, 09:55 AM
Hi,
I have had the box for about 8 weeks now very happy with it,But almost every day or night at some point the channel will freeze for a second or two and sometimes bad or scrambled channel will flash on the screen for a second,Very annoying during a movie,Also on some channels i have a shadow channel coming through,I have found this to be channel 5,Any ideas guys?
I am near glasgow.
System information says
API VER 4.54e_E
Boot ver 7.0
15 Oct 2007.
Thanks.

redgriffin
14th September, 2008, 02:05 PM
Had similar problems previously on my Sagem dbox. Check the antenna in connection is good, make sure that you have agood signal going in. The freezing might be down to the inorrect k*ys. Also check modulator set up on your equipment, Channel 5 still broadcasts on CH35, which is what most equipment was tuned to for video/DVD reception prior to scart connections, it could be interfering. Onlt a novice myself, but hope this might help somehow.:hmmmm:

Barnsley Bill
14th September, 2008, 03:47 PM
chances are..youlle have got a splitter on there..im afraid that will have to go..your signal is not strong enuff to be split,the software rite..:scarf2:

seankelly93
14th September, 2008, 06:24 PM
haha!!
erduyhndfjrfgvcjfgj

portbhoy
14th September, 2008, 06:28 PM
Or get a Konig signal booster from fleabay, big yellow one you can't miss it. Bill what you doing with a Celtic smiley ;)

Saltire
14th September, 2008, 11:19 PM
Hi,
I have had the box for about 8 weeks now very happy with it,But almost every day or night at some point the channel will freeze for a second or two and sometimes bad or scrambled channel will flash on the screen for a second,Very annoying during a movie,Also on some channels i have a shadow channel coming through,I have found this to be channel 5,Any ideas guys?
I am near glasgow.
System information says
API VER 4.54e_E
Boot ver 7.0
15 Oct 2007.
Thanks.

as says before, make sure your plug in connections are perefct and the plugs are on the wire good too as this can sometimes cause picture breakup, but if your anything like me, then its the signal strength thats poor and a simple aeriel booster will fix it, even a cheap one from argos, just make sure that it has an adjustable gain control on it so that you can turn the boost up and down until you get it pretty spot on.

Bare in mind though, if your having some picture breakup issues just now, then even with a booster it sometimes cant/wont fix every single channels breakup, but 99% of them should be fine. (who watch's every single channel anyway, lol?)

dougal58
16th September, 2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks everybody for your input,The only splitter is the one vm put in to split for tv and broadband,I have took all cables out and back in firmly and all seems ok,I think it has been as simple as a bad connection to the box {says i with fingers crossed] I have read about people putting in a splitter so they can keep the original box plugged in as well for updates and stuff,Is this a good idea and would i just split the cable going to the box?
Many thanks.

Saltire
16th September, 2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks everybody for your input,The only splitter is the one vm put in to split for tv and broadband,I have took all cables out and back in firmly and all seems ok,I think it has been as simple as a bad connection to the box {says i with fingers crossed] I have read about people putting in a splitter so they can keep the original box plugged in as well for updates and stuff,Is this a good idea and would i just split the cable going to the box?
Many thanks.

you basically can have a few splits going on mate, and a mixture of subscribed boxs and hacked boxs and modems etc, just remember that for each split it will degrade the signal level and thats when you defo will need to buy a booster/s, but in general if V*rgin fitted a splitter it will most likley be able to support at least one digy tv box and one modem, its when you start adding onto that as i said that the signal goes down the pan a bit, but a simple booster boosts it back up again, and if your signal to modem is a problem cause you fit many splits you just use a booster for the modem that supports a modem signal like the konig one previously mentioned, modem signal and digy box signals are a bit different.

hope that helps.

you can buy splitters from ebay etc, dont buy any that say they are attenuators though.

dougal58
16th September, 2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks thomson
I will look into that probably only get 1 splitter anyway as all i want to do is keep subbed box on as well as starview for updates and stuff.

Saltire
16th September, 2008, 08:34 PM
no probs mate.