PDA

View Full Version : Car doesn't start with tuned file

Filipelol
29th May, 2019, 01:37 AM
Hello everyone.

I have a Fabia 1.2 TSI with a simos 10.20 ECU and I'm having a issue with the car not starting after flashing tuned file, so this is what happened.

A tuner agreed to flash a file I ordered online, he read my car using AutoTuner OBD virtual read, and after sending the tuning company my original file they sent their tuned file, tuned file was flashed using AutoTuner OBD and it bricked the ecu, the file was sent to AutoTuner support and they changed something on the file for it to work, the file they sent was flashed with boot and flashed succesfull but car didn't start, original was flashed again.

After talking with the tuning company for a while they sent another file to try and this time it flashed correctly but still the car wouldn't start..
Went digging and found an issue very similar to mine on a forum this is what it read

So it should be a Checksum error, but my tuner is only allowing me one more flash before I have to pay again so I want to get it right the first time, I would like to know which step will fix this, and who has to do this, the tuner with the tool or the tuning company with the program.
Does the tuner have to calculate checksum with Autotuner, or does the tuning company has to calculate checksum with WinOLS?
Ill leave here both my original and tuned file, thank you.

Forever13
29th May, 2019, 04:17 AM
Neeed unlocked eprom

Envoyé de mon ASUS_Z01RD en utilisant Tapatalk

Filipelol
29th May, 2019, 11:07 AM
Really ? It flashes fine, car just doesn't start

FlashTune
29th May, 2019, 11:13 AM
let me say this ....

if the car starts with original file, tool will work ok
but if you flash the file and ecu brick can be tool also.

but i guess if its starts with original file is not ok

regards

NASTASE
29th May, 2019, 11:43 AM
Hi mate, try to write th.is file, is tuned file but with checksum done.

Filipelol
29th May, 2019, 12:39 PM
If it starts with original tool is not ok ?

Filipelol
29th May, 2019, 12:40 PM
Hi mate, try to write th.is file, is tuned file but with checksum done.

Thank you, but like I said I only have one try and want to be sure the problem is the file checksums before trying to flash it

Filipelol
29th May, 2019, 12:41 PM
but i guess if its starts with original file is not ok

regards

You saying if it starts with original tool is not ok ?

NASTASE
29th May, 2019, 01:12 PM
I think this job is overtaking you.

Filipelol
29th May, 2019, 02:35 PM
I think this job is overtaking you.
Yes and that's why I'm asking for help, in the end the job is not mine, the tuning company said that both files they sent would work and it didn't, I'm just trying to figure out what's the problem, not for me to fix but to atleast tell the tuning company or the person with the tool what needs to be done before flashing

FlashTune
29th May, 2019, 02:36 PM
If it starts with original tool is not ok ?

yes or it calculate wrong checksum

Filipelol
29th May, 2019, 02:37 PM
Also the tuning company said that a file that was read obd can't be written in boot is that true ?

Forever13
29th May, 2019, 02:40 PM
Yes true

Envoyé de mon ASUS_Z01RD en utilisant Tapatalk

Filipelol
29th May, 2019, 02:45 PM
yes or it calculate wrong checksum
I paid to the person with the tool to flash the file so it's my responsibility for the file to be good to go, If I flash the file NASTASE sent does the person with the tool have to calculate any thing ?

FlashTune
29th May, 2019, 02:49 PM
I paid to the person with the tool to flash the file so it's my responsibility for the file to be good to go, If I flash the file NASTASE sent does the person with the tool have to calculate any thing ?

i checked the file again, Bro... this file is not good shure it will not start.

FlashTune
29th May, 2019, 03:32 PM
here Write this file and let me know :)

pass PM