PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter 519, need help dtc off and associated limp mode off too.

morgano
30th May, 2019, 11:46 PM
Hi.

Need help with this beast, van was in various workshop many times, even dealer.

They changed lots of parts, ecu not replaced.

The problem is P0172 00 rich mix on bank 1

Van lights MIL and enter limp mode. Replaced lambda, turbo, checked leaks,... etc

Want to try deleting the Pcode and the associated limp mode if possible. Only deleting Pcode not works, i tried, enter MIL and limp with no DTC on diagnostics.

Here original, thanks in advance.

morgano
31st May, 2019, 04:17 PM
Hi.

Can anyone give a hand here please?

All mechanical has been reviewed, just need test this on ecu as all live values seem within range and we don‘t know what is producing that p0172 code.

Thanks

immokill
31st May, 2019, 05:40 PM
Do you have xentry? What year and engine is?

immokill
31st May, 2019, 05:54 PM
This is vacum problem some leak for sure . I think that no software can be solution .

morgano
31st May, 2019, 10:17 PM
I think we can have access to an original merc diag equipment if completely neccesary.

The van is 2015, and was problematic since day one. Already blown 2 or 3 turbos. On another workshop engine was opened and refit, changed all sensors,... thousand euros in invoices and still not solved the issues.

Where do you suspect the vacuum leak is? My pal checked all hoses and pipes and seen no damage.

He told me vaccuum is inly used to manage the bypass of the egr cooler. All other actuators are electrical.

stanislav georgiev
1st June, 2019, 07:15 AM
Possible Causes. Rich mixture . Inspect the injectors, turbine pressure, and also block the catalyst

morgano
1st June, 2019, 06:17 PM
Possible Causes. Rich mixture . Inspect the injectors, turbine pressure, and also block the catalyst

Brother all parameters in live data diagnose session are ok. Van is now mechanically like new, fap adblue egr all is fit in the van and working properly according live data.

Just need the limp mode and dtc removed for that p0172 error to discard ecu has other errors and p0172 pops up first and not show other errors.

morgano
3rd June, 2019, 11:41 AM
Any trick what to look for in damos, in order to disable the limp mode?

Ignasvw
3rd June, 2019, 01:26 PM
Here , nodtc no limp mod

morgano
7th June, 2019, 04:27 PM
Here , nodtc no limp mod

Two days have passed since the file was burnt on the ecu. The van is working fine as of now. No more limp nor dtc, no lack of power,... also no other dtcs that could be waiting behind the p0172

Don’t know what to think now, faulty ecu or some ghost problem we cannot find that makes ecu think mixture is too rich.

Thanks ignasvw, you are top ;)