PDA

View Full Version : Air bag light 2012 VW Touran

Jimmy07
31st May, 2019, 01:15 PM
Used vagtacho to add a key to this car went in no problem but air bag light came on. Run diagnostic test no codes found. Checked fuses all good and done battery reset but still on.

Seen cases similar but there was always a fault code and once cleared light went out

Anyone came across this problem before ?

comizelu
31st May, 2019, 01:48 PM
I use supervag to program key and some times airbag light stays on but I plug in vcds,clear the fault and that's it..

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Jimmy07
31st May, 2019, 01:52 PM
Thanks mate. Used 2 diagnostic tools on this it’s not showing any faults. Told them to drive it see if it goes out. Had similar with a 2011 VW Tiguan drove it for a few miles and light went out.

Just strange no fault code ?

sdnatlst
31st May, 2019, 04:44 PM
What diags you used?
Has to be a fault code logged for the light to be on, use Genuine VCDS and go into airbag module to read dtcs

Jimmy07
31st May, 2019, 04:50 PM
Used Launch, VAG-com and xtool pad full scan. I’ve seen lights on dash before and on the very odd occasion no fault codes. Hope a run will clear it.

Happened before on a Tiguan with Supervag and run cleared codes. Maybe just a gremlin I’ll give a day or so and contact customer if not out I’ll delve deeper

rapidlocksmiths
1st June, 2019, 10:44 AM
abrites or vcds will be more reliable at reading and clearing the airbag unit and will clear it

p1et
1st June, 2019, 11:10 AM
This happened every time back the day I was using MVP on VAG UDS system and I got unsupported dash version and AD were bullsh*ting me that it was cause because the driver seat was pull to the maximum and some wires under seat might got loose or sensor activated airbag fault and that is 100% bullsh*t. When it happened 1st time to me I believed because I moves seat back all the way quite rapidly but then it happened 3 times in a row when I was not moving seat at all. Also came up twice after SBB add key to Golf 5/Touran 2004-2006. Since I have Lonsdor I use it to clear airbag fault but any other scan device for VAG will delete it and VCDS is most reliable as said above.

Jimmy07
1st June, 2019, 12:06 PM
Thanks P1et

Problem is there is no fault code Rapid

I did move seat and will check connections but thought it would have shown fault code for this. Customer hasn’t been on yet so it might have cleared itself after a drive like Tiguan did. If not I’ll also go into airbag with VCDS again and clear anything that might be in there if there is anything in there.

rapidlocksmiths
1st June, 2019, 03:39 PM
jimmy , ive lost count how many times ive read fault codes and had no faults showing with cheap kit and with AD , plug avdi or vcds in and get the faults showing when reading each individual unit , just because fvdi , supervag or vag tacho show no faults doesnt mean there isnt any , if vcds or abrites say no faults in the airbag unit then i believe them.

plenty of scan tools read faults in ecu but not in the airbag units ecu , use equipment that can read the faults within the airbag unit and then clear them , and like magic the light will go out if no present fault exists . i dont know if fvdi will read the airbag unit on this , if it does and you trust it then it may clear it

Jimmy07
1st June, 2019, 04:48 PM
Hi Rapid

Used some good kit on this too but get your point I’ll target airbag module with VCDS. Thanks 👍🏻

Manta1600
1st June, 2019, 05:09 PM
Hi Rapid

Used some good kit on this too but get your point I’ll target airbag module with VCDS. Thanks 

Today I read ABS and Airbag on Polo 6R with FVDI - No errors

Then with VCP - few errors on both

I ordered yesterday from ebay for £20 and today received - very good tool for the money

rapidlocksmiths
1st June, 2019, 11:16 PM
i may well be talking bull after all its not as if i have been in this position before , however humour me , despite what good kit you read faults with you found none , despite an airbag fault showing on dash , which tells you there is a fault logged and that what ever good kit you are using it aint good enough to read the airbag unit to find fault and clear it .
the solution is simple , read and clear faults in the airbag unit by obd using kit capable of doing so , abrites or vcds are 2 such possibilities.

Jimmy07
2nd June, 2019, 08:05 AM
Will do Rapid

Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻