After several tries radio went to safe mode and now the code
or calculator is needed and like always I don't have neither of them,
would someone give me some help? :)

The car is '97 Vectra
and radio is
Philips car 400
gm040011308983

/Finz

But unfotunately the radio is out of a 2001 motor mate ... not in the database ... sorry

mikemike
21st December, 2009, 07:15 PM
But unfotunately the radio is out of a 2001 motor mate ... not in the database ... sorry

Hi! Where can I get this Philips database?
(I know that the code in the 24C16, but it would be easier.)
Thanks!

PremierD
21st December, 2009, 07:39 PM
Hi! Where can I get this Philips database?
(I know that the code in the 24C16, but it would be easier.)
Thanks!

You can't mate .... Sorry .. but if you post the Dump I will unlock it and tell you your code ... Best that I can offer

mikemike
21st December, 2009, 08:23 PM
You can't mate .... Sorry .. but if you post the Dump I will unlock it and tell you your code ... Best that I can offer

In dump i can resolved,but thanks!

Finzent
21st December, 2009, 10:09 PM
How is it possible to get that Dump(whatever that is?)?
Maybe a stupid question or what. :)

/Finz

PremierD
21st December, 2009, 10:22 PM
How is it possible to get that Dump(whatever that is?)?
Maybe a stupid question or what. :)

/Finz

Not stupid at all mate ( but the fact that you do not know what it is ) means a lot ... Its the contents of the 24c16 eeprom ... where the code is stored ...and a lot of presets stations ... and a lot more ... Did that help mate .:questionmark:

Finzent
21st December, 2009, 10:28 PM
Yes, very much thanks :)
Is it possible to read the prom without taking the dash and circuit
off or does it require some kind of eeprom reader? though I do have
one which I used to copy the chip from my BMW, but I deeply doubt it will fit in it.. :)

/Finz

PremierD
21st December, 2009, 10:32 PM
Yes, very much thanks :)
Is it possible to read the prom without taking the dash and circuit
off or does it require some kind of eeprom reader? though I do have
one which I used to copy the chip from my BMW, but I deeply doubt it will fit in it.. :)

/Finz

24c16 eeprom mate .... and they do not fit them in BMW's sorry...

Finzent
21st December, 2009, 10:37 PM
:) I meaned that I copied the BMW powerchip from the ecu with that eeprom device. Was only wondering would the 24c16 eeprom
chip fit into that read/modify/copy device. Did we have some kind of missunderstanding? Sorry for my bad english, from Finland
U know :D

PremierD
21st December, 2009, 11:16 PM
:) I meaned that I copied the BMW powerchip from the ecu with that eeprom device. Was only wondering would the 24c16 eeprom
chip fit into that read/modify/copy device. Did we have some kind of missunderstanding? Sorry for my bad english, from Finland
U know :D

Sorry mate .... Jos sinulla on joitakin lehm?st? ja EEPROM ohjelmoijan .. tarkista mukana tulleista ohjeista se .. Jos se koskee sit? .. saatat joutua ostamaan DIP ja tilli-sovittimen.

PS Anna anteeksi Suomen ... Olen Scottish

Finzent
22nd December, 2009, 12:21 AM
Sorry mate .... Jos sinulla on joitakin lehm?st? ja EEPROM ohjelmoijan .. tarkista mukana tulleista ohjeista se .. Jos se koskee sit? .. saatat joutua ostamaan DIP ja tilli-sovittimen.

hmmph, and how should I take that..

PremierD
22nd December, 2009, 10:25 AM
hmmph, and how should I take that..

The way it was meant mate .in good faith.. What I meant was.. If you have any kind of eeprom programmer you should be able to read the 24c16.. but may have to buy an adaptor to do it ...And seeing as I don't speak a word of Finnish ...I thought it would be clever to try to explain it by saying ..Forgive my Finnish ...I'm Scottish ...( maybe I should have said Forgive my English .I'm From Scotland )..

BR

adam28
22nd December, 2009, 11:02 AM
The way it was meant mate .in good faith.. What I meant was.. If you have any kind of eeprom programmer you should be able to read the 24c16.. but may have to buy an adaptor to do it ...And seeing as I don't speak a word of Finnish ...I thought it would be clever to try to explain it by saying ..Forgive my Finnish ...I'm Scottish ...( maybe I should have said Forgive my English .I'm From Scotland )..

BR

Your english is very good mate. My scottish is crap. all i know is Och aye de noo jimmy LOL:laugh:

I got a few scottish friends down here and they are great guys, they still wind me up about they will cheer anyone else other than england in the world cup next year.:eviltongue:

Sorry back on topic now!

(http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://forum.i3d.net/offtopic-english/50269-scottish-spam-thread-och-aye-de-noo.html&ei=5pUwS62aJp6SjAeS8oXSAg&sa=X&oi=spellmeleon_result&resnum=1&ct=result&ved=0CAcQhgIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHKbmXItFEZJcdQXSj0LhJxwZ7qjg)

PremierD
22nd December, 2009, 12:22 PM
Your english is very good mate. My scottish is crap. all i know is Och aye de noo jimmy LOL:laugh:

I got a few scottish friends down here and they are great guys, they still wind me up about they will cheer anyone else other than england in the world cup next year.:eviltongue:

Sorry back on topic now!

(http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://forum.i3d.net/offtopic-english/50269-scottish-spam-thread-och-aye-de-noo.html&ei=5pUwS62aJp6SjAeS8oXSAg&sa=X&oi=spellmeleon_result&resnum=1&ct=result&ved=0CAcQhgIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHKbmXItFEZJcdQXSj0LhJxwZ7qjg)

Thank-you mate ....BTW .. Did you ever wonder why....?

Finzent
22nd December, 2009, 04:52 PM

:) kind of funny translation, if I translate that to english it would be something like this ..
"If you have some of cow and eeprom programmer .. check from manual .. if it touches it .. you may have to buy dip and dill adapter." :)

Thanks for trying m8 :)

/Finz

adam28
22nd December, 2009, 05:04 PM
:) kind of funny translation, if I translate that to english it would be something like this ..
"If you have some of cow and eeprom programmer .. check from manual .. if it touches it .. you may have to buy dip and dill adapter." :)

/Finz

I understand what premierd is trying to say. If you put the cow into the eeprom programmer then he will calculate the DUMP for you
The only Code you ever seem to get is = MO OO:roflmao:
And if he touches your dip and dill adapters he will break em so you may need to get some new ones!:marchmellow:

PremierD
22nd December, 2009, 06:00 PM

/Finz

Thats Google translations for you mate .....

dnalevy
13th January, 2010, 04:54 PM
Hi sorry to butt in on your thread here.
Decoded a CAR400 once before by reading the 24c16 chip but the CAR400 ive got in front of me doesnt seem to have a 24c16 chip in it.
Im wondering if its actually on the database?
Serial number is GM0400w2075258
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

milanoffracing
13th January, 2010, 05:42 PM
Hi sorry to butt in on your thread here.
Decoded a CAR400 once before by reading the 24c16 chip but the CAR400 ive got in front of me doesnt seem to have a 24c16 chip in it.
Im wondering if its actually on the database?
Serial number is GM0400w2075258
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Yes mate, your code is : 7337 :creep: