PDA

View Full Version : 5 dbox 2's - no channels on search

cj78
14th September, 2008, 03:59 PM
hi, i had a batch of 20 used dbox's . i flashed them all with the blade quad images 1X and 2X depending on the box as i had a mix and match of nokia and segam's, most are now running fine but some are chirping ( tried the ucodes etc) and some don't pick up any channels . tried all with a powerd booster and still no joy ? would i be right in suspecting the tuners and if so has anyone has any experiance repairing or replacing them please

marko
16th September, 2008, 10:43 PM
sounds like tuner problems

portbhoy
16th September, 2008, 11:23 PM
Try Andromeda image on the sagems mate, works everytime I use it!

cj78
17th September, 2008, 07:06 PM
hi, do you have the au version of these images and could you pm them to me please? i will try them but i've tried a few different images now and i'm just getting nothing at all. just error no channels found but if i fxp the bouqet and service files then i get the channel no.s but just get a blank screen . not even fta channels.

Jaffa
18th September, 2008, 01:06 PM
hi, do you have the au version of these images and could you pm them to me please?

You had 20 dbox's which I assume you sold and you want someone else to do all the work for you and send you fully working images for the ones that are not working....what a bloody cheek. :beheaded:

For goodness sake if you are going to trade these at least put some effort into it, all the info you need is on this forum but I guess you just cant be arsed looking for it.

Maybe some fool will do it for you but it wont be this one.

cj78
18th September, 2008, 05:42 PM
where to start ?:beheaded: . first - by assuming i've traded 20 boxes you were wrong ,i have bought 20 boxes listed as some faulty and some working . i bought 1 for 7.50 and the guy said he had another 19 and i could have them all for ?200 . a bargain as i have fixed 10 of them already and i am just waitig for some parts to repair a further 4 nokia's . i also have 2 segam's which don't power up but i have tested with a multimeter and they have blown fuse's . i have sold none and won't untill i'm fully sure there working , second - you don't have to help and no-one asked you anything so why jump on someone's post just to be a horrible ***T second - im not asking anyone to do all the work . i have loads of images but the NICE person above you who was trying to help when u butted ur big nose in suggested i try an image i hadnt seen anywhere so i asked him to pm it to me .nothing i wouldn't do for anyone else.i have read plenty on the forum thankyou very much victor meldrew and i am fully capable of putting the bouquet , service files and keys in myself thankyou very much . and yes i have set my location on all the boxes . the boxes obviously have a problem but its not ur problem JAFFA so wind ur neck in
.These boxes are not receiving any signal for some reason and as the top post states i think it is a tuner problem , i will repair the nokia's by replacing the 6 ghz transistor along with a 10 ohm 12v surface mount resistor(available at rs components). i have not yet found a fix for the segam tuner but when i get 5 i will get to the bottom of it and post my findings for others . thankyouy to marko and portbhoy for your help

DiddyDave
18th September, 2008, 07:42 PM
where to start ?:beheaded: . first - by assuming i've traded 20 boxes you were wrong ,i have bought 20 boxes listed as some faulty and some working . i bought 1 for 7.50 and the guy said he had another 19 and i could have them all for ?200 . a bargain as i have fixed 10 of them already and i am just waitig for some parts to repair a further 4 nokia's . i also have 2 segam's which don't power up but i have tested with a multimeter and they have blown fuse's . i have sold none and won't untill i'm fully sure there working , second - you don't have to help and no-one asked you anything so why jump on someone's post just to be a horrible ***T second - im not asking anyone to do all the work . i have loads of images but the NICE person above you who was trying to help when u butted ur big nose in suggested i try an image i hadnt seen anywhere so i asked him to pm it to me .nothing i wouldn't do for anyone else.i have read plenty on the forum thankyou very much victor meldrew and i am fully capable of putting the bouquet , service files and keys in myself thankyou very much . and yes i have set my location on all the boxes . the boxes obviously have a problem but its not ur problem JAFFA so wind ur neck in
.These boxes are not receiving any signal for some reason and as the top post states i think it is a tuner problem , i will repair the nokia's by replacing the 6 ghz transistor along with a 10 ohm 12v surface mount resistor(available at rs components). i have not yet found a fix for the segam tuner but when i get 5 i will get to the bottom of it and post my findings for others . thankyouy to marko and portbhoy for your help

If I had a spare ?200 quid I would of got me a better box to use like a dreambox or some thing similar as there is quite a good collection to choose from now. Some people just have too much money to waist and they say that there is a credit crunch..... LOL

cj78
18th September, 2008, 07:46 PM
or you could repair as many as possible , sell them on ebay for ?40 each and then get ?400 back for 10 . which is how many i have working so far and like i said i have 2 or 3 with simple fuse problems .
copy dreambox's and the linux black box are only ?65 now .when i sell these i will buy a linux black box. i bought these as more of an investment + i just like fiddling with electronics and the tuners in these boxes are a good little project for me.

Jaffa
19th September, 2008, 09:22 PM
You asked for an AU image to be sent to you...thats fekkin laziness, theres posts explaining how to do it yourself and as YOU have stated you will not sell them until you know they work...that makes you a trader and traders are frowned upon here, like it or not. If you had posted asking for an AU image because you tried everything and cant get it to work then I would have sent you one not knowing you were a leech, but thanks for the heads up.

As for me sticking my nose in....if you post on a public forum thats what happens on this forum and if you dont like it you dont have to post here. This forum is here to educate people who want educated, not help people sell boxes and have others do the work for them.

You seem a smart enough guy when it comes to the workings of the boxes but I very much doubt you will share the knowledge and help others, you are here for a fix...go on admit it.

btw...Victor Meldrew....pmsl, at least you made me smile.

cj78
20th September, 2008, 06:22 PM
:cobblers:i'm not looking for an argument jiffy ,you jumped on my post with no intention on helping .the only thing you got right in your first post was the bit about you being a fool .why would you say you doubt i will share information with others when you know nothing about me. if you didnt have anything helpfull to say then why say anything .do u suffer from pmt jiffy? . look at my first post you will see that i already stated that i thought i had tuner problems ,i wasnt looking for an image because i didnt think this was the problem , if i did i could have just downloaded one from my toolbar. portbhoy suggested that i try an image he was using . i simply asked him (nobody else) to pm it to me so i could try it. how is that laziness ? if i had asked someone if i could send my box to them to be flashed then fair enough. yes i will admit i was looking for a fix . but then i was willing to fix it myself. isn't that how it works ? i am not a trader because i took advantage of a 1 off good deal ? i buy various electricals and repair them , last week i was on a television repair forum looking for a psu fix as i bought 2 32" lcd's from ebay and repaired them ,they all share information on faults and there's not a problem . this week i found faulty dbox's ,next week i may be looking for a common fault on rampant rabbits .( if i get any i'll send you 1 ) these boxes are legal to sell on ebay as i won't be selling them with any image on. however i can test them with an image to check they are ok, i have never seen a dbox before last week and by the time there gone i'll probably not want to see one again.

Jaffa
20th September, 2008, 07:57 PM
i simply asked him (nobody else) to pm it to me so i could try it. how is that laziness ?

You did not simply ask for an image, you ask for an AU image...thats the difference and its laziness because theres a big bloody stickie to tell you how to do it yourself.

btw...so you dont think I am always unhelpful (probably is a pmt thing) then from what I have seen on a lot of dbox forums, theres an image called ### \/irgin + v2.1 that is supposed to be excellent on chirping Sagems or Nokias. If you would like me to send it to you then pm me. It will be FTA only but you can easily sort that out by following the stickie or the readme which comes with the image.

cj78
20th September, 2008, 08:14 PM
ok well if that makes me lazy in your opinion then so be it.here's another lazy statement for you . i cant be ~~~~ed arguing about it so drop it, its boring me . .i didnt wanna have to spend time sprucing it up if it didnt fix the problem , which it didnt . thanks for the offer of the v- lite image , it is appreciated but i've already tried it , along with every other image available. its tuner related and i don't think any software will help it.

Jaffa
20th September, 2008, 08:26 PM
ok well if that makes me lazy in your opinion then so be it.here's another lazy statement for you . i cant be ~~~~ed arguing about it so drop it, its boring me . .i didnt wanna have to spend time sprucing it up if it didnt fix the problem , which it didnt . thanks for the offer of the v- lite image , it is appreciated but i've already tried it , along with every other image available. its tuner related and i don't think any software will help it.

If I judged you wrong as a trader then I apologise but a word of advise if you want it. On some forums you would have been automatically banned just for posting that you had 20 boxes and wanted an AU image, it may not have been your intention to come across as a trader but trust me you did, you can accept that advice or not but it is given in good faith.

cj78
20th September, 2008, 09:28 PM
ok , i'll take that advice and even thanyou for it. like i said i just bought them to repair. i thought i might be able to get two or three working but was suprised how little effort the seller had put into fixing them ,they had been in his attic for a long time and all had the old sportster image on , therefore i managed to get more working than i expected .i aint gonna throw them in the bin am i ?where did everyone in the uk get a dbox from if they didnt get one from a trader ? i thought u'd all be selling them to one another over the forum because there not cc owned equipment ?infact thinking about it , this very forum advertises the linx blackbox . so is it ok to sell boxes over the forum if you don't sell them with any image on ? don't want to or need to just asking ?
i was going to keep one for myself but have decided to(give them away lol) and get one of those linux blackbox's instead. just cos they're smaller and will look nicer next to my tele.