PDA

View Full Version : bmw E60 cas2 - crank no start after program key

sdnatlst
4th June, 2019, 12:25 PM
Hi all,

Yesterday i done 2005 E60, Diamond CAS2 style key.

Key program with CGDI, went fine, key programmed and car started well.

30 minutes after i leave customer says car is cranking not starting now, with any keys, old or new

I went back today to SYNC DME-CAS,, with lonsdor like i always do,, but it still does not start.
I checked CAS and ECU for error codes, no codes stored.

I removed battery for 20 minutes, replaced, DME-CAS sync again with lonsdor - says success,, but still crank no start.
CGDI DME-CAS just says failed, as always does, never works for me.

1. Why is it cranking no start, when no errors are present in CAS or DME? usually it says EWS manipulation or similar.

Is there any other thing i can try? someone did mention try FVDI to do the CAS-DME sync, customer is little way away so wanted to be sure of some things to try if i go again.

thanks!

Brat
4th June, 2019, 01:05 PM
Maybe you have other problem,check with diag immo status in ecu.

Manta1600
4th June, 2019, 10:32 PM
Check all fuses careful

optimaplus
4th June, 2019, 10:37 PM
What faults do you have in engine ? does it have fuel , maybe nothing to do with key programming car is old lots to go wrong check its got fuel pressure and rpm signal

mojomojo
4th June, 2019, 11:19 PM
Yes usually when there's a key problem you would get the error code in the cas or dme..100% a mechanical or electrical problem outside of our Realm as a locksmith or key programmer

Very weird that all keys will lose synchronization if it was a key problem

droidwayne65
4th June, 2019, 11:35 PM
Whatever the problem, it likely isn't with your programming. The car needs to be diagnosed by a mechanic.

KAMIKA
5th June, 2019, 12:06 PM
it once happened to me on an E90 programming a key using CGDI, i ended up replacing the cas module, i believe its a dump error. maybe try new files on the CAS.

auto techniek
5th June, 2019, 12:25 PM
Whatever the problem, it likely isn't with your programming. The car needs to be diagnosed by a mechanic.I assume car works good before key programming.

So problem occured after key program. This is a fact.

sdnatlst
5th June, 2019, 12:29 PM
Its just strange because the car started after i programmed new key, i tested it twice startup, was fine.

Then 30 mins later the car cranks but no start, so dont think its a dump error, if something to do with my key program more like something lost sync when the cars electrical system shut down
but impossible to know what without any error codes,

customer has got his local garage to collect car and investigate.

gokart
5th June, 2019, 12:31 PM
I assume car works good before key programming.

It might be a coincidence or the owner thought a spare key would solve his or her problem.

droidwayne65
5th June, 2019, 03:22 PM
I assume car works good before key programming.

Regardless, the car needs to be properly diagnosed. I've come across too many customers who think another key may solve some existing problem, without fully giving details. The few cars I've come across with a problem like this that was related to programming all proved to have issues with the ELV failing or losing sync, for whatever reason.

rusevi91kk
5th June, 2019, 08:34 PM
You will make keys with cheap china key programmer!!! That's problem! Buy bmw explorer or Autohex and you will see!!! 100% no problems

sdnatlst
7th June, 2019, 07:28 PM
Went back today to have a look, found this error with FVDI and INPA when trying to sync today, i spoke to someone else who does bmw programming and say it could be slight eeprom corruption,

so i am tomorrow going to go again and write original eeprom before i started any key programming, to see if it fixes

see error attached " no free start value with release position available " or similar, inpa said same , but in german

super jumbe
7th June, 2019, 08:01 PM
Very strange, as far as I was told before being a locksmith a car will only start if every thing the immo box reads correctly and car will start and I can see after 30min how any thing can get corrupted is a mystery, any way keep us posted what ever was wrong with it.

TERMINATOR1000
4th August, 2020, 08:56 PM
Hi all,

Yesterday i done 2005 E60, Diamond CAS2 style key.

Key program with CGDI, went fine, key programmed and car started well.

30 minutes after i leave customer says car is cranking not starting now, with any keys, old or new

I went back today to SYNC DME-CAS,, with lonsdor like i always do,, but it still does not start.
I checked CAS and ECU for error codes, no codes stored.

I removed battery for 20 minutes, replaced, DME-CAS sync again with lonsdor - says success,, but still crank no start.
CGDI DME-CAS just says failed, as always does, never works for me.

1. Why is it cranking no start, when no errors are present in CAS or DME? usually it says EWS manipulation or similar.

Is there any other thing i can try? someone did mention try FVDI to do the CAS-DME sync, customer is little way away so wanted to be sure of some things to try if i go again.

thanks!

and the end is ????

super jumbe
4th August, 2020, 09:05 PM
and the end is ????

Your guess is good as mine!!! http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

sdnatlst
4th August, 2020, 09:35 PM
The end was never figured out on this one

TERMINATOR1000
5th August, 2020, 09:57 PM
The end was never figured out on this one

it's your fault or is CGDI BMW fault ?
this car is an very rare job , Lonsdor & VVDI2 work fine on CAS2 KEY-BLADE ...

sdnatlst
6th August, 2020, 08:56 AM
i think was CGDI, maybe corrupted eeprom somehow

PixelsFixed
6th August, 2020, 07:00 PM
Unlikely in my view. You'll get cas/dme synch issues on cas 2, but CGDI won't have damaged anything. Apart from anything else, it's just - read key info, write key info to key. Nothing is written to the CAS. It looks to me like it has nothing to do with the key - you were the last man to touch it. Your fault.

adamb195
7th August, 2020, 06:07 PM
Sounds like the customer is trying to have you over and thought a new key would sort their preexisting issue.

Do what we do. If the customer thinks we have created a problem with the car, we always advise the customer to have the car looked aty by a main dealer.

If the main dealer can categorically state that we have caused the problem, we'll cover the full cost of the bill...

We've said this to approximately 3 customers and not a single one has ever come back to us. Customers are always out to blame someone if there problem isn't fixed.

p1et
7th August, 2020, 08:26 PM
But the dealer might say you caused the problem even if you don't :)

fred77
8th August, 2020, 01:03 AM
every so often it's to be expected the blame game
it was fine till u turned up ...or actually car f~~~ed b4 touched it.

Lack of Money corrupts more than too much

Always start car 1st unless lost then get customer to sign disclaimer