PDA

View Full Version : Best Eurovox Model

asuspc
14th September, 2008, 05:49 PM
Thinkinging of getting a box, what eurovox is the best the latest ex1000 or the older models.

Any info mutch appreciated.

:)

av2008
14th September, 2008, 11:55 PM
From my experience they are all similar when it comes to reliability and functionality.

There have been few differences from the 2nd eurovox to the max v (2008). They all seem to function the same, but if i were you i would go for the ex5000 pvr, just for the recording functionality. There are also thinner models that look better (EX1000SL) . It all comes down to what you want recording, looks or just the basic box. They all do a similar job.

.: JaCkPoT :.
15th September, 2008, 12:17 AM
I reckon the 5000pvr. Its better than my uncles max v 08. All the eurovoxs are the same but just with a few differences.

freck
15th September, 2008, 03:18 PM
The ex1000sl is a very slim and sleek looking box and would fit nicely under and telly imo.
Same setup and interface as all the other euro's but have the unified loader to flash it and is done in less than 3 mins.The tuner seems stable although i would think so seems that its a new box,picture quality is fine but the channel change is a bit slow compared with other boxes.
For irish users it only scan in 12 of the 13 transponders on the 6875 symbol rate but you have a deep scan option if you think that your not getting all channels in.
I had to do a manual scan on 444.000 to get in all channels so i was a bit disappointed with it from that point of view.
Nice budget box from the guys at euro but dont be drawn in by the blue underlight flowing across the bottom of the unit......its not on the euro,infact i'd go as far to say that its a little bit of false advertising because i thought it was a cool feature but all you see is a blue led on the left side of the receiver and NOT the underlight as displayed on the box.Thats my tuppence worth on the euro ;)

mickqc
17th September, 2008, 05:14 PM
do any of the eurovox pvr have dual tuner and time shift type thing
sorry for hijack!!

av2008
17th September, 2008, 05:43 PM
do any of the eurovox pvr have dual tuner and time shift type thing
sorry for hijack!!

No they dont

mickqc
18th September, 2008, 04:35 PM
what about "the box pvr" i have seen it advertised on mycablebox with built in hdd and twin tuners is this not by eurovox
and is it any good
thanks for advise

Barnsley Bill
18th September, 2008, 06:11 PM
Stear well clear of the strayview.

naveed1111
19th September, 2008, 12:12 AM
never used any box before..
but if you are not keen for recording then EUROVOX EX1000 rocks....
easy to use...good picture quality....

thered
19th September, 2008, 02:54 PM
purely on cost and reliability id go for the eurovox max v why pay more for the pvr when you cant record different channels like you can with sky+

if it come with twin tuner then thats fine but it dont

mickqc
20th September, 2008, 10:13 AM
are the starviews not made by eurovox
got a starview1 now seems ok, maybe i`m easily satisfied
evrybody raves about the dreambox, what is so special?

bandito
20th September, 2008, 06:59 PM
uvox max are cheap and reliable